Cardiff NIHL v Chelmsford Chieftains tonight!

Thread starter #1
Tonight at 7pm Cardiff face Chelmsford at the BBT. This is the last game of the season for Cardiff before the playoffs. Chelmsford are currently top of the league. With second placed Invicta dropping a point at Solent and Gosport on Sunday night, that gives the Chieftains a 4 point advantage with just eight points available.

Should therefore be a great game with Cardiff playing the home advantage.

Great value entertainment for only £6 adults and £4 SST and concessions.

Come along and bring some noise :twisted:

For Champions elect, I expected a far better performance from Chelmsford tonight. Yes they won, but the score line flattered Chelmsford, and they were certainly allowed more significantly more latitude from the officials than the Devils were.

Devils took some really stupid penalties and allowed the referees inconsistencies of call/non call to wind them up.

Brears rightly got Match penalty for the Assault on Lockwood's knee, although seeing that Louis did come back to the ice, I guess this will get down graded to Game.

Am I the only one mystified by Smith's decision to eject Brabon from the game. Brabon expressed his disagreement for some of the decisions (nothing new or out of the ordinary there, and certainly nothing more than possibly a 10 minute misconduct, but he appeared to end up getting a straight ejection from the game - when Brabon questionned what was going on, all "Inch High Itchy Hips" (Aka Dean Smith) could do was gesture to the Devils bench that the back up had to come into the game. Is anyone able to shed any light on How this was possible. It looked a right stitch up against the Devils and a number of fans sitting close to me were thinking that if Smith is in this sort of mood, then they were hoping that Darnell or Hicks would take the armbands tomorrow for the Elite Devils game. Thing I thought I would never say!!

Thread starter #3
Excellent effort by Cardiff last night against the league leaders. They kept up with them with all to play for in the final period 3 all. Sadly, we were unable to score in the third period despite numerous attempts which resulted in Chelmsford going into the lead and finally getting an eng to win 6 3! Not bad against top team!

Louis Lockwod looked in agony when he was taken out by a Chelmsford player. Fortunately the away team's physio was able to help. Do feel for players in this development team who have no funding, little support and limited assistance in case of injury. Surely there must be more available to the players in this potentially dangerous sport??? :eek:

Josh Haslam had man of match. Brabon also had a good game. No idea why he was told to leave and be replaced by Takel. There were many "issues" concerning the referees decisions but I don't know enough to comment!! Gareth Dixon was also ejected with 5 minutes remaining. Even Stone was in the box at one point! The team can certainly hold their heads up as for those who were there it was a good entertaining game.

Well done Cardiff :Banana

Great effort from the boys last night , pens cost us though , good crowd to support the team again .
For a self funding team to compete against the top paid teams well done, hopefully some sponsorship could come in going forward ,
A 6 - 3 loss but that does not reflect the game , stone 1, Haslam 2, asst deacon 2 Hayes 1 .