Carruth

kettdevil1

Please no. Never a fan of going back to the future and frankly there are more successful NMs out there. Bowns CV contains numerous trophies, we need someone who is also a serial winner.

RedDevil17

Please no. Never a fan of going back to the future and frankly there are more successful NMs out there. Bowns CV contains numerous trophies, we need someone who is also a serial winner.
You’re telling me you’d rather Bowns over Carruth? I know who I’d rather in my net and it certainly isn’t Ben Bowns. For all the success Bowns has had, Carruth is by far the better netminder in terms of overall play and Carruth didn’t need to flop around in goal and make the fancy saves because he wasn’t out of position in the first place. His rebound control was superb and he had the correct mindset - he wanted to win the big trophies at all costs - something we've not done for ages.

kettdevil1

You’re telling me you’d rather Bowns over Carruth? I know who I’d rather in my net and it certainly isn’t Ben Bowns. For all the success Bowns has had, Carruth is by far the better netminder in terms of overall play and Carruth didn’t need to flop around in goal and make the fancy saves because he wasn’t out of position in the first place. His rebound control was superb and he had the correct mindset - he wanted to win the big trophies at all costs - something we've not done for ages.
That's 100% what I am saying. Carruth has 2 trophies in his cabinet (the playoff win with us and the WHL, 11 years ago. There is a consistent thread in his career of falling out with teammates and he hasn't lasted more than 2 years at a team since he was in college. He is not a winner, no matter how good a NM he is (the two things are very separate in my view)

Bowns has 16 trophies (and numerous individual awards) and I am yet to find anyone who has fallen out with him. He is the definition of a winner and whilst there may be better NMs out there, I wouldn't swap him for anyone in the EIHL (or Carruth).

doron

i think bowns and carruth are 2 of the best goalies around with 2 different styles of play. of the 2, i think carruth is more likely to tell you to pull your wait if you are not doing your job. nothing wrong with that. and maybe in the past that should have been the coaches job. also twix's sales would go up.

ASHIPP

A tandem goalie partnership of Bowns and Carruth just seems too unlikely to happen. Both will want to be No.1 starters. There would be a constant awkward battle.

I can certainly visualise Mac signing for the Giants. He is a dynamic goalie with the same style of ultra passion as Keefe. Besko maybe coming to the end of his career, after a disappointing (personal) season for him. Who knows?

BostonBart22

A tandem goalie partnership of Bowns and Carruth just seems too unlikely to happen. Both will want to be No.1 starters. There would be a constant awkward battle.

I can certainly visualise Mac signing for the Giants. He is a dynamic goalie with the same style of ultra passion as Keefe. Besko maybe coming to the end of his career, after a disappointing (personal) season for him. Who knows?
Bowns for giants ??...Good tandem with whistle...

kingmo19.1

What a coincidence this thread coming to light again …… there I was taking a stroll over the barrage this morning and who should I see roller blading towards me …….. none other than Mr Carruth himself !!!!

He was looking very jolly, big smile on his face, commenting that “that’s next year sorted then!”.

I wished him good well and at that point he said Cheers Kingmo, then proceeded to unwrap a 12” Oat White Subway filled with meatballs and melted cheese and merrily roller bladed over to Penarth!

What a coincidence this thread coming to light again …… there I was taking a stroll over the barrage this morning and who should I see roller blading towards me …….. none other than Mr Carruth himself !!!!

He was looking very jolly, big smile on his face, commenting that “that’s next year sorted then!”.

I wished him good well and at that point he said Cheers Kingmo, then proceeded to unwrap a 12” Oat White Subway filled with meatballs and melted cheese and merrily roller bladed over to Penarth!
Double cheese though, right? And the proper meatballs, not those plant things they sell?!