Carruth

moggy#9

One of the stats that the NHL have that I don’t think we do, that help paint a much more useful picture as to the quality of the goalie, over and above save percentage is… where the shots are taken from and conceded and the likelihood of saving them. Paints a picture of defensive frailties but also goalie weaknesses,
Save percentage is a one of what has to be a multitude of stats to assess a goalies performance. Personally, what Bown’s has had in front of him, how poorly we exit zones, take the body when it’s available, lose battles behind the goal and our focus on offensive defense and not stay at home D, our high risk plays…. It’s a miracle Bowns has the stats he does.
Great post. Fingers crossed that the team's attitude towards the role of defence changes over the summer. I'm sick of seeing poor zone exits and awful passes.

Right you are. Yes, it’ll be very challenging to keep hold of him after 2 years here and those accolades to his name consistently, but I hope he stays as this team I feel will be fighting for silverware right up until the end next year. We will not find another defenceman putting up anywhere close to those numbers if he does.

Anyways, We’ll see - let’s just hope all the guys coming and going put out a massive shift this weekend and round off the season in style.