CC Final

I know its late to do this but reshedule the final to a neutral venue, why should sheffield have home ice advantage? ok so the Panthers have home ice advantage for the playoffs but this is a one off cup final! if not then give both sets of supporters the SAME amount of allocated tickets!!!!!

drainage said:
d20 said:
Why was this final picked to be on a sunday,could they not have put this game as a saturday I know there would be other fixtures but make more of a point to give it a saturday so maybe even more fans and families would come to it as an event ,I have 2 young ones who would love to go but with a 4 f.o and then probably leave at 7.30 ish if lucky it would be late getting back as they have school the next day,can the elite league not think of these things to get more fans to go .
Seems Spandau Ballet are thee on 6th guess it's possible they can't dismantle everything for ice to be ready by 7th ? That's just me guessing also looks as though the venue is pretty busy all way through Mar?

But yes they probably have ruled out a lot of families attending by having it on Sun in Shuff
Steelers play Giants at the arena on the 7th.

Sheincar

Russkydevil said:
I know its late to do this but reshedule the final to a neutral venue, why should sheffield have home ice advantage? ok so the Panthers have home ice advantage for the playoffs but this is a one off cup final! if not then give both sets of supporters the SAME amount of allocated tickets!!!!!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8844

Koop11

Whilst I think it’s very unfortunate that the CC is not now at a neutral venue, you have to consider where else could it have been held that is economically viable? How many areas in the UK have an ice plant to start with? Some will say Manchester but you aren’t going to fill that for a CC final, unless if was Nottingham and Sheffield who made it but there is no guarantee of that as has been proved.

If it had been Nottingham, we’d all be saying that same thing. Arguably it would be worse as Nottingham has the advantage of home ice each year with the playoff finals. Remember, Nottingham have won the CC cup many times in the last several years so are always going to be one of the favourites to make the final. Ironic that they haven’t this time.

This begs the question whether the final format should have been kept as it was, i.e. a home and away legs.

For whoever is the other finalist, last night’s result is not the one you wanted. Sheffield on home ice with 8000 fans behind them is a much tougher prospect than an inconsistent Nottingham team. The ‘away team’ are going to be underdogs with the ‘home team’ having their own ice as an advantage but on the slip side, all the pressure is then on the Steelers.

Let’s hope tonight that we have a much smoother second leg that Nottingham did and get ourselves to a final. When you consider the season we had last year, making a final would be a huge achievement in itself.

well as it will no longer be a neutral venue its hardly fair for the designated away team unless they are allocated EXACTLY the same number of tickets as the 'designated' home team. !!!

Sheincar

Russkydevil said:
well as it will no longer be a neutral venue its hardly fair for the designated away team unless they are allocated EXACTLY the same number of tickets as the 'designated' home team. !!!
Which they have been!!!! Try looking at the seating plan!

By the looks of things, the away blocks currently have the following number of tickets sold:
215, 216: 7
217, 115: 22
218, 219: 0
116, 118: 27
117: 369
119: 3

In total that's 484, mainly in the 1 block.

Earnie

Yes,ok. Done that.
What I am implying is that there could be a mixed bag of fans on the 'away ' side.
E.g. Some Nottingham, Coventry,Cardiff, some other teams and possibly some Sheffield.
There is bags of room so not really a problem I suppose.

Finny

Opening up the home and away blocks before the finalists were known was pretty stupid. The least they should have done is kept the main block or two off sale and given them directly to the finalist clubs to sell.

Of course, as this is the EIHL and the finalists are only known a week before the Final, the logistics of this would have been pretty hard.

Foxy

Finny said:
Opening up the home and away blocks before the finalists were known was pretty stupid. The least they should have done is kept the main block or two off sale and given them directly to the finalist clubs to sell.

Of course, as this is the EIHL and the finalists are only known a week before the Final, the logistics of this would have been pretty hard.
Thats what im afraid of. If the Devils fans are all split up its going to be hard to get the support going :(

+1
Too many assumptions and plans ahead of what will be a tough game tonight against a well drilled side, in the passed 5 games they've beaten Belfast twice, Sheffield and Panthers.