Challenge Cup Final....Who do you Want ??

Thread starter #1
If i have read the fixtures right i believe the steelers and panthers go together on the 3rd and 10th of feb for the remaining berth.... who would you like in the final...... me personally would like the squeelers as to beat them in the final of their possibly only chance of silverware (not counting the european bronze) would be fun. I think nottingham would be more of a challenge.

wildthing74

For me,Defo Steelers.As much as I hate them and would be gutted to lose to them more than Nottingham we got more chance of winning over 2 legs against them.
W seem to have their number this year and always got the problem with our pathetic record at the NIC.

Gazza272

For me its all much of a muchness.

Nottingham are a really good hockey team, but have a history of bottling the big occaisions, While Sheffield have a history of ALWAYS rising to the big occaisions, just look at this season bobbins in the league but 20/20 champions with their back up netminder and got further in europe than any other EIHL team in the EIHL era.

Either team we play we will have to be at our upmost best to win

Finny

My worry about Sheffield is that they have nothing to play for in the league. They were able to save themselves for the Contintental Cup semi-finals and we saw how well they did in that. Plus our record against Sheffield in cup competitions is pretty awful.

Though not as bad as our record in Nottingham. Whoever we play is going to be tough, but I would still fancy our chances.

kettdevil1

Nottingham for me.

We are likely to play them when they are chasing the league title and hence, (hopefully) they won't be as motivated as Sheffield.

I am also fed up of losing to Sheffield in Cup competitions.

mazza03

kettdevil1 said:
Nottingham for me.

We are likely to play them when they are chasing the league title and hence, (hopefully) they won't be as motivated as Sheffield.

Nothing like a dose of pessimism to keep you going :lol:

ASHIPP

kettdevil1 said:
Nottingham for me.

Not sure about Sheffield being that motivated right now. Fans on their forum were suggesting that although they beat Edinburgh last night, the Steelers looked lack lustre and devoid of team spirit. Attendence was woeful and no atmosphere either. Suggestion that Bolibruck also carrying injury now. Not a happy place!

trukkasaurus said:
Sheffield. I dont trust nottingham their are sly and have no reflection in mirrors. Sly........

:lol: Love it !!

I agree though, Sheffield for me too, they play less dirty than those dirty dirty Panthers !!

Finny

ASHIPP said:
Not sure about Sheffield being that motivated right now. Fans on their forum were suggesting that although they beat Edinburgh last night, the Steelers looked lack lustre and devoid of team spirit. Attendence was woeful and no atmosphere either. Suggestion that Bolibruck also carrying injury now. Not a happy place!
They're not motivated for league games, but they would be in the final of the Challenge Cup.

ASHIPP said:
I think our attendances will suffer more than they have been with the team playing 2 home games a week for the next 3 months. I wouldn't spend* nearly £30 plus travel (and that's without thinking of those with families) to watch a 7th placed team twice a week. As for the lacklustre performances, that hasn't changed all season and I can't see the tempo increasing with the schedule ahead either.

Bolibruck has had a serious knee injury all year meaning he's trained much less than the rest of the squad, yet hasn't moaned once about it. I wonder if the rumoured return of Munn is to rotate the crocked defencemen/ get rid of Cruikshank...

*Why is f-o-r-k filtered out?! :lol:

James

Administrator
Holl_5 said:
*Why is f-o-r-k filtered out?! :lol:
I have no idea. I found out f-l-i-c-k is also as is face-book. They aren't on the banned list. I'm looking further into it.
<edit>
fork flick and facebook hurrah .. overkeen wildcarding due to the banning of f**k :D

Koop11

Whoever we end up playing in the CC Final you can guarantee we'll have a tough contest on our hands.

Sheffield, whist having a poor season, are notorious for winning big games in their history and with a renewed rivalry over the last couple of seasons, the Steelers will certainly want to raise their game against us.

Nottingham this season are the better team of the two and for me are a tougher challange. We have a poor record at the NIC and at home Nottingham have pushed us in every game (apart from when we beat them 6-2 earlier this year).

I'd much prefer to play Sheffield.