Challenge Cup, how are we doing ?

Thread starter #1
Are we out of the cc or not ? Have we got too much to do or have we everything to play for ?

I'm sure I saw somewhere someone saying we were out but if so and so beat so and so and we beat so and so we'd be in with a chance ?!?

Koop11

If I have worked it out correctly, we currently have a -2 goals difference on Nottingham at the moment. Which means, we need to win our final game against Hull and Nottingham have to lose away to Basingstoke this Saturday.

Should the gods be on our side and Basingstoke beat Nottingham this weekend, we will have to score 2 more goals that Nottingham’s eventually goal difference after this hopefully defeat to the Bison

However, this is where it gets really complicated, if Basingstoke were to beat Nottingham, a win in their final game against Hull would see them go through as group winners. Therefore, regardless of how many we beat Hull by, we still do not qualify.

Likewise if Hull beat both us and Basingstoke in their final game, they go through to the knockout stages along with Coventry.

Bottom line is, Nottingham, Hull and Bison have it all to play for. We have to sit and watch. It’s very unlikely all results will go our way but stranger things have happened.

I thought devils are out. Best we can do is draw with Panthers (if we beat hull and Panthers lose to Bison. I thought it doesnt go on goal difference, but results within the team- therefore we are out anyway as Panthers beat us.

Gazza272

So Bison win 5-3

dissapointing that hull play bison the sunday after we play them at home. Would have been much more beneficial for us if they didnt know their fate in the CC before then.

Ah well have ot get a win against them and hope for the best.

Big props to the Bison however a top job by them.

Koop11

Again, on the assumption I have worked this out right, Nott losing by 2 goals puts us level in terms of goal difference.

Therefore, a win for us against Hull at home eliminates both Hull and Nottingham from qualifying the group. We need to beat Hull by 3 goals and then pray Hull beat Basingstoke the following Sunday for us to go through as runners up.

Should we beat Hull by 3 or more, their game at home against Basingstoke the following Sunday will be a nothing game for them so I would imagine they’ll play some kids. I cannot see Basingstoke not winning that game with Hull not being able to qualify regardless. Stranger things have happened though.

However, should Hull beat us at home, what a game to decide who qualifies that group up in Hull.

I think I have worked that out right but its early Sunday morning and I’m a little delicate right now.