Challenge Cup 'tree'? Who plays who?

Ocko

Re: Challenge Cup 'tree'?

Winner of Braehead and Coventry I believe. I think I can remember being quite pleased and smug that Sheffield and Nottingham wouldn't get the final they wanted.

fdlf666

Challenge Cup Draw.

Fife Flyers or Nottingham Panthers v Sheffield Steelers or Dundee Stars

Cardiff Devils or Belfast Giants v Braehead Clan or Hull Stingrays/Coventry Blaze

Have Hope#35

Challenge Cup Draw.

So it's now: Nottingham Panthers v Sheffield Steelers or Dundee Stars

Cardiff Devils or Belfast Giants v Braehead Clan or Coventry Blaze

Clan take a 3-1 lead tonight in the 1st leg. Not wanting to count the chickens before they hatch, but if Clan progress, I think the 2nd leg of the semi finals would be held in Braehead, by virtue of them finishing 1st in group A and Cardiff 2nd in group B.

billbris said:
Clan take a 3-1 lead tonight in the 1st leg. Not wanting to count the chickens before they hatch, but if Clan progress, I think the 2nd leg of the semi finals would be held in Braehead, by virtue of them finishing 1st in group A and Cardiff 2nd in group B.
Sorry folks - I made the daft assumption that common sense would be used, but apparently they've opted for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE3xrMN047 :?

Have Hope#35

billbris said:
billbris said:
Sorry folks - I made the daft assumption that common sense would be used, but apparently they've opted for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE3xrMN047 :?
This doesn't work!

billbris said:
billbris said:

the link goes to video doesn't exist page.

Have Hope#35

billbris said:
billbris said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE3xrMN047E Guess you meant this... The 'E' was missing off the end! So as I understand it we are drawn as the Home Team in the S.Final, which results in us playing the Home Leg First and then the Away Team for the Final if we proceed!?

DevilDom

The final is a one off game, so if we make it we are the away team in the final.

The draw implies we are the home team for the semi-final, but not sure if that means we have the choice of whether to play the home leg or away leg first?

Have Hope#35

DevilDom said:
The final is a one off game, so if we make it we are the away team in the final.

The draw implies we are the home team for the semi-final, but not sure if that means we have the choice of whether to play the home leg or away leg first?
Nottingham were the Home team in the first S.Final and he said that they'd therefore play the First Leg at home... I can only presume that the same applies to us as the Home drawn team in the second S.Final!

Is the challenge cup tickets 50 50 for both teams?
Its just if sheffield get there they have home advantage and im sure they will sell alot more tickets than us.

I cant see no more than 400 fans going to sheffield if we make it so what will happen with our tickets.

Also what is our blocks to sit in ??

Gough60

Interesting to see how many Giants, Stars & Flyers tickets were bought prior
to 1/4 finals being played.
Also any noe on ebay :lol:

How amateurish does that "draw" look? :DWD
Either way if it's Nottingham or Sheffield in the final, they're going to drastically outnumber whoever makes it from our side, whether it be us, Braehead or Coventry.

That was cringe worthy of the highest degree
1) Pool balls as the balls
2) Pool ball tray to put them in
3) Puck bag for the balls
4) Enthusiastic drawers
5) Confusing home and away

So we are home for the Semi because we were drawn out 1st of the 2nd pairing but have the away team dressing room if we reach the final as we were in the 2nd pairing ?

Martynwo said:
4) Enthusiastic drawers

So we are home for the Semi because we were drawn out 1st of the 2nd pairing but have the away team dressing room if we reach the final as we were in the 2nd pairing ?
That's right yeah. Or at least, that's what I understood from it. :lol:

Have Hope#35

Martynwo said:
4) Enthusiastic drawers

Yes... But just to confuse matters Nottingham are playing their 2nd Leg of the S.Final at Home, not the 1st Leg as mentioned in the video???