Change in Coach Poll

Which of these do you agree with most?

• Unhappy that Adams has been sacked

Votes: 65 65.0%
  • Happy with a change of coach, but not that they are also the Managing Director

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Happy that Pope is now coach and Managing Director

Votes: 7 7.0%

• Total voters

Finny

Thread starter #1
I hope the mods don't mind, but I'm interested as to whether the universal displeasure I'm seeing on Facebook/twitter is shared through the fan base or just people I'm connected to. I know not everybody comes on the inferno, but it's the biggest sample we have.

Not only am I disappointed at G being sacked, but I am even more disappointed that he has been replaced by Brent. G was never given the opportunity to just coach. He deserved that chance given everything he has given and gone through for the Devils over some of the hardest years in our history.

This team we have will improve, history has always shown then we tend to start most season slowly (remember the terrible start we had to the ISL Championship winning team) - and yet Brent will now be the one that will be praised for this "improvement" which would have happened naturally anyway.

Hockey is a very incestuous sport. Image, reputation and honour mean more in this sport than most others. I dread to think what players we are now going to attract to Cardiff. The work that G and Franny did in getting us some brilliant players over the years cannot be under-estimated. With that gone now, how are we going to even compete in a very tough market for players? Our Image & reputation seems in tatters to me right now.

Very sad times to be a Devils fan.

I'm not sure how a team of players, some of whom have apparently been let down with their contracts by Pope, are now going to play for a coach they don't respect and has engineered this situation.
Hardly a recipe for a happy room!