Change of time for Braehead game Feb 5th - now 7pm

Thread starter #1
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/braeh ... ed-to-7pm/

Change of time for Braehead game – now 7pm instead of 6pm due to Ireland v Wales international. Personally I was happy with it being 6 as the game will finish before 5 giving people an hour to get there – although I suppose it would be chaos if everyone turned up in the last 20 minutes or so before face off.

Wonder if they've considered doing this on Sunday 26th Feb as Carling Cup Final kicks off at 4pm with a Devils home game v Hull at 6pm - surely there'll be loads missing if they don't re-arrange for another date or at least make face off a bit later.

Also, we have home games on the final 2 Wales internationals as well (March 10th and 17th). 10th isn't so much an issue as Wales kick off at 2:30pm but final game starts at 7pm.

Seems strange they would move this Sunday's face off time when it's unlikely to happen for these other matches (particularly March 17th).

Thread starter #2
Opps - just noticed other thread saying about Feb 26th / other clashes - any chance the threads can be combined? Sounds like we could have a few low attendances in our final few games due to Wales internationals / Cardiff City games. I know they can't help the fact Cardiff got to Carling Cup final or that a Sky game has been arranged that clashes, but I thought they usually take the Wales rugby internationals into account when doing fixtures....

sorry - just remembered, the league don't care about Devils fixture schedule as long as it suits others.

ledgend777 said:
I know they can't help the fact Cardiff got to Carling Cup final or that a Sky game has been arranged that clashes, but I thought they usually take the Wales rugby internationals into account when doing fixtures....
Your right, in previous seasons the rugby internationals have been taken into account, but let's not forget whoever represented the Club at this seasons fixtures meeting made a right pigs-ear of it anyway so not really surprised about this. :(

Ger-Devils

When do international rugby fixtures get decided? Yes they're always around Feb-March for the six nations but to have a go at someone for picking fixtures back in June/July when no confirmed dates were set for other sports, their hands are tied. Just one of them things.

Wannabe2

phil PLT said:
ledgend777 said:
I know they can't help the fact Cardiff got to Carling Cup final or that a Sky game has been arranged that clashes, but I thought they usually take the Wales rugby internationals into account when doing fixtures....
Your right, in previous seasons the rugby internationals have been taken into account, but let's not forget whoever represented the Club at this seasons fixtures meeting made a right pigs-ear of it anyway so not really surprised about this. :(
Spot on.

Coming from Swansea and being a rugby fan (with an Irish girlfriend) too the change of start is a real godsend. I was anticipating running for the car on the final whistle. Thanks to the club for that!

I have a vague recollection that they published the 6 Nations fixtures for the next few years when they published this year's, so they shouldn't be such an unknown quantity next time.

Wonder how it'll work with their plans for 5pm face offs next year though.

Ger-Devils said:
When do international rugby fixtures get decided? Yes they're always around Feb-March for the six nations but to have a go at someone for picking fixtures back in June/July when no confirmed dates were set for other sports, their hands are tied. Just one of them things.
The 2012 and 2013 6 Nations fixtures were set before the 2011 6 Nations, months before last season even ended. Perhaps we should send a list to the club in the off season!

TV matches for the football are often chosen a lot later though, so it is sometimes impossible to avoid clashes due to late kickoffs. The Carling Cup is something not even the most positive City fan would have expected!!

I'm sure, for one of the Six Nation games the BBT was opened early, and the match was screened on the TV's around the rink, either last year or the year before.

On real radio Paul Ragan said that the time was changed as the Belfast flight does not get into Cardiff till 4.30, so I don't think the rugby is the whole reason for the change of time.