Check out these stats

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Steelers have scored 100 goals more than conceeded. For 173 Against 73 that’s a totally untrue stat, they have scored 15 more than us and conceeded 32 less, have scored 45 more than giants and conceeded 40 less. Lost only 5 league games their 5th being stuffed by us. That’s some stat unfortunately.

moggy#9

Wannabe makes a valid point, but what would be interesting is how this season compares to past seasons. For instance if you look at the point percentage stat iirc around 0.75 or so tends to put a team top or in a battle for top spot. The gap between 1st and 2nd is huge this year.

I feel that the disparity has spoilt things. There's been very little to play for, other than the Micky mouse playoffs, for a while.

ASHIPP

Yes, their stats maybe (freakily) good....ours aren't too shabby either;).

The Devils have a good goalie tandem. Both are fit and rested. Greenfield for the Steelers has been playing lights out...a big part of their consistency depends on him remaining that way. Has their import goalie( Tony Morrone) actually played any games... haven't even seen him on the bench.

Earnie

Likewise Giants relied a lot on Besko who was a super Goalie. I say ‘was’ because this season he is not as reliable .
Our tandem has been better than we expected .

Wannabe2

Thread starter #6
Seriously? On a devils fan forum? Tribute to Sheffield? You Simon Hodgkinson in disguise?
Believe me that ain’t no tribute to Steelers. It’s just fact, I have vastly disliked the Steelers since 1991 and have loved every goal we have put past them. As Moggy has said the gap this season is huge.

Finny

I noticed yesterday that only Sheffield, Cardiff and Belfast have a positive Goal Difference. And Belfast only just.

My other favourite stat from the league table is that Coventry have won the least number of games in regulation (7) but are in 5th place having won 6 games in regulation less than the team below them.

Finny

Whilst on the topic of boring stats, I just thought I'd look at our win percentage before and after the Conti Cup.

If you exclude those games between the first group stage and the second group stage (i.e. when we played 3 or 4 games a week to fit everything in) our win percentage is 83.3%

If we'd replicated that throughout the whole season we'd be just 4 points behind Sheffield.

kingmo19.1

Pains me to say it, but Steelers on their current trajectory could be very very close to 100 points at the end of the season!

I’m wondering if that’s ever been done before? Might need Finny’s expertise to help. I’m sure Belfast might have done it in the past?

Wannabe2

Thread starter #11
In the EIHL era the highest pts for a season was in 2018/19 season when Giants had 92 pts and the Devils also 92 pts.

Finny

Sheffield currently have 71 points so with 14 games left the max they could get is 99 points.

Breaking Belfast’s record is doable but could only afford to lose 1 game in regulation or 3 in OT.