Clan announce playoff home date

At least that means if we do get the Clan, the second leg will be in the BBT regardless of which one of us finishes fourth. It also means we won't have to worry about travel up and back on the Saturday if the second leg was Sunday.

kettdevil1

A nightmare date for supporters but I suspect G will be reasonably pleased (assuming we actually play the Clan) given the travel issues

I suspect that this has been dictated to the Clan by the Arena but it does reinforce again the fact that the playoffs ain't what they used to be. Bring back round robin groups!!

DevilDom

I actually think its very wrong they have done this now. They still do not know who they will be playing and what if that date is not convienent for the other team? It also takes the advantage away from the teams that finish 1st - 4th who are supposed to have the choice over which way around they play the games.

I know there is the same old argument about the available dates for Arena teams but if they can't fufil their fixtures then they should have to play it at another rink. What if the Clan drop to 6th and have to play Panthers in the play-offs and that is the only date their Arena is available too?

rocketbob

Re: Re: Clan announce playoff home date

Next season the playoff format will change with the qualifiers being 2 groups of 4 with 3 home games and 3 away.
I am sure one or two of the arena teams will try and make their home group games into a single game. Maybe 2 players from each opposing team on the ice at once.

Obviously this would not devalue the competition as it would save on travel costs. :smile:

After last night's results, Blaze are just 4 points behind the Clan with a game in hand. We will therefore dictate who we will play in the quarter finals.

Blaze have to play Panthers tonight, and us three times.

Clan have to play Steelers three times and the Panthers once.

All other fixtures are ones you would expect both teams to win, so it will all depend on whether Blaze manage to pick up any points against us in my opinion.

TheStub

I'd rather face the Blaze, but I'd prefer us not try and fix the league standings.

If we can finish the season strong, we should be able to get through either team in a home and hone series.

Yes I agree.

I'll be going to either away leg, just hope a decent sized Devils crowd would be able to make it to Glasgow on a week night (if we do end up playing the Clan).

Coventry is obviously easier all round.

We can beat either team; especially if Mark Smith returns, plus Frank's ban is out of the way now. Cov would be better simply because we could have a huge travelling support to see this season's team out in style. What a weekend that would be...

The clan put in a crappy performance against Steelers when we needed them to come out guns blazing. Time for pay back :evil:

:p:razz:
Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

WelshHabsFan said:
We can beat either team; especially if Mark Smith returns, plus Frank's ban is out of the way now. Cov would be better simply because we could have a huge travelling support to see this season's team out in style. What a weekend that would be...

(MY BOLD)
I agree. Think most folks would prefer to see the Devils play Coventry, simply for the rivalry. And the might of the Red Army at the Skydome would be some sight to behold! :cool:

If it ends up being the Clan as opposition, doubt G would see their playoff date as a problem in Glasgow. Both teams will have played their last league games the previous weekend. Whilst it's true that the Devils will have to travel to Braehead for this leg......the advantage is that the Devils will be able to negotiate their home leg hopefully the following weekend, without any travelling involved. And the last game off the season (before the Playoff weekend in Nottingham ;) ) at home in front of the Red Army