Clan with problems

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Sponsors pulling out in Glasgow, including their main sponsor over the dealings of the club with the latest player incident.

moggy#9

Given what they've been through in the past, you have to felt sorry for them. The fans, and the league could pay the price for incompetence at ones club and lack of oversight front the league.

James

Administrator
More sponsors pulled out this morning. Neil Black apparently unreachable.
I thought his initial press release was absolutely on the money, quick and decisive. It might also be that the conclusions of the internal inquiry were bang on too but as no one knows what they were it just looks like (what it probably is) a poor, lazy cover up

Kevlar68

Not looking good at all. No sponsorship coming in, everything with sponsors on needs changing so more money going out. Very tricky situation for clan.
I really hope they can ride this out but if not get Dixon back.

Where will it end ?
It's difficult to know where to start. There have been similar mistakes in other sports and I find it impossible to comprehend how those involved were so blind to this. I have to say the reactions from the sponsors were totally predictable.

All I can say is I feel for the pain of the players and supporters.

I just hope the rest of the league teams learn from this. That the best we can hope for.

ASHIPP

What terrible predicament for the players. Wouldn't be surprised if some are looking elsewhere now.
Would be a plus if Devils could take Stephen Dixon on again if it came to that. He is a Devil through and through.

Hedd Wyn John

What terrible predicament for the players. Wouldn't be surprised if some are looking elsewhere now.
Would be a plus if Devils could take Stephen Dixon on again if it came to that. He is a Devil through and through.
With sponsors pulling out how long does the Clan have the finances to keep going?

Kevlar68

Sponsorship may not be paid up front, may be part payment, may be once season finished so they may be able to survive on game revenue for this season.

Diafol

Latest news is that a consortium of local business owners are in discussions with Neil Black with a view to purchasing the club.