Clark suspended and fined by Finnerty

Chris

Administrator
Suspending him isn't going to affect him in any way, he's not played for several weeks now has he?

I'm sure I read somewhere he's on one of Steelers uni courses, so there's no real incentive for him to move away whilst they're paying for that and his wages for sitting on the sidelines :S

Skippy

Got to feel bad for the guy.

He wasn't even down to play in the game.

Is he on a University deal with them or something ?

I think Finnery's treatment of Clark is appalling, there is no need to publicly embarrass him like this.

If Clark was employed under normal employment law and felt pushed to the point of leaving I believe he would have a very strong case of constructive dismissal.

TheStub said:
I'd have taken him to fill a hole.
:Banana :pickle

But seriously... I would have taken him on our team to cover injuries definitely. I don't see why Steelers are throwing there money away to have a bum on a seat, but they can carry on. Seems harsh to fine a player that wouldn't even of been playing anyway.

jimmy snels

BBW said:
I think Finnery's treatment of Clark is appalling, there is no need to publicly embarrass him like this.

If Clark was employed under normal employment law and felt pushed to the point of leaving I believe he would have a very strong case of constructive dismissal.
the fact that finnerty is an absolute end bell im not suprised to be honest! i agree its really poor to announce this kinda stuff to the press

Martynwo

I think they are making it as uncomforable as possible for him to resign, he is on a Uni course ? so they won't want the bad press they had last year when they gassed a guy half way through his Uni studies.

Finny

Looks like the rumours of major money problems in Sheffield are true, and are trying to solve it by not paying Clark.

DevilDom

It seems to me that this is a personality clash as Clark should not be in the stands.

Maybe it has something to do with last year when Finnerty was playing for us and the Voth incident (or non-incident!). Finnerty and Voth are buddies arn't they?

DevilDom said:
It seems to me that this is a personality clash as Clark should not be in the stands.

Maybe it has something to do with last year when Finnerty was playing for us and the Voth incident (or non-incident!). Finnerty and Voth are buddies arn't they?
You would have to hope, for Sheffield's sake, that Finnerty wouldn't be that unprofessional. It is bizarre.

Thread starter #16
Finny said:
Looks like the rumours of major money problems in Sheffield are true, and are trying to solve it by not paying Clark.
And if true, the savings of one weeks wages of a player, who is on a uni course is the way to solve it :lol:

Clark and Finnerty don't like each other, and could be a problem if the Steelers pick up any injuries this week.. Say King gets injured against Hull, are they going to stick by their guns and play an import down against the Giants or does Finnerty recall Clark..?

I think the ban of two weeks and fine of two weeks wages is a bit harsh, maybe he was hoping Clark would ask for a transfer before the deadline so they could bring in another player..

Clark is close to point a game player and a guy that will score you plenty of goals, and many EIHL teams would like to have him..

Finny

phil PLT said:
Finny said:
And if true, the savings of one weeks wages of a player, who is on a uni course is the way to solve it :lol:
Maybe they will just come up with a new excuse for fining him every fortnight?