Clarkson banned...

Gospel

Re: clarkson

The ban is because of a reflection on the plexi!! no coverage of the exact incident. Appalling decision based on a reflection.

Devil94

Hicks must have had a say, you can't see anything from the reflection.
Going to be short tomorrow now against a strengthened Blaze side. No Doug, Myers and possibly Tyson.

Finny

Hicks called a game. If he felt it was worth a match he would have given a match.

Absolutely pathetic by the EIHL DOPS.

voth26

Doug's one game ban

Just read Doug got a one game ban for the penalty from the giants game!!!, so will miss blaze game?? Gutted for him and us

Surely Tyson is playing, I heard he was just missing away games as he is expecting an increae to his family any time soon. don't shoot me if incorrect, just what i heard.

DevilDom

After starting off well, some of the decision in recent weeks have meant DOPS is rapidly losing credibility IMO.

How can you ban someone on the basis of a reflection? Besides that Doug is looking in the opposite direction and sackofshit brushes his stick at the most. Play acting at its worst and done right in front of Hicks to ensure a call is made.

What a load of balls!

voth26

Didn't the caps get fined start of the season for not having proper footage of an incident involving the giants!!! And all teams were warned they need proper footage? Or have I got it wrong

James

Administrator
They did but I guess not providing the footage and the camera not catching an off the puck play are 2 different things

voth26

James said:
They did but I guess not providing the footage and the camera not catching an off the puck play are 2 different things
Same thing for me they have not got all the information so how can they be sure what happened?? And if hicks didn't call it as match pen then why has it been reviewed unless giants asked for it to be in the hope Doug would get 3\4 games and miss the 2nd leg on weds!!!. Let's be fair to ban a player on a bloody glass reflection is really clutching at straws!!

chris592

I'm sorry guys but it was a spear, seen it clear as day on the night. two hands on his stick and jabbed it toward Sandrock.

Now i gotta be honest, I think 1 game for a spear is light, now maybe its due to the footage that doesn't show it clearly enough I don't know. I'm certain that other spearing calls have been longer bans? could be wrong.

Hicks even called it on the night, now I suspect he must of had input in the decision, as lets be honest the video isnt totally clear.

I agree though that DOPS doesn't seem to be consistent.

Also Voth26 this is totally different situation from the Capitals who failed to provide the game tape (that they are meant to). This happened behind the play, the camera was following the play. Sadly this is not football, and we do not have multiple HD cameras covering every aspect.

Anyway thats my view on this.

were_gonna_win said:
Surely Tyson is playing, I heard he was just missing away games as he is expecting an increae to his family any time soon. don't shoot me if incorrect, just what i heard.
Todd alluded to that on the Giants webcast although he didn't go into any detail as it's not really his place to say.

chris592 said:
I'm sorry guys but it was a spear, seen it clear as day on the night. two hands on his stick and jabbed it toward Sandrock.

Now i gotta be honest, I think 1 game for a spear is light, now maybe its due to the footage that doesn't show it clearly enough I don't know. I'm certain that other spearing calls have been longer bans? could be wrong.

Hicks even called it on the night, now I suspect he must of had input in the decision, as lets be honest the video isnt totally clear.

Also Voth26 this is totally different situation from the Capitals who failed to provide the game tape (that they are meant to). This happened behind the play, the camera was following the play. Sadly this is not football, and we do not have multiple HD cameras covering every aspect.

I can't tell from the footage. If it is a spear fair enough but my gripe is that a game pen was called on the night and it is a strange decision to up that based on the footage available.

chris592

danhall76 said:
chris592 said:

I can't tell from the footage. If it is a spear fair enough but my gripe is that a game pen was called on the night and it is a strange decision to up that based on the footage available.
You know, I agree the footage isn't great but you can kind of see the spear. Now i don't think that's enough so can only assume Hicks had a say also. I think a Spear is usually a longer ban, maybe if it was clear on the footage it would of been a longer ban? I dont know.

But it was a spear, and I think personally 1 game he got off lightly.

Wagstaff

chris592 said:
danhall76 said:
chris592 said:

You know, I agree the footage isn't great but you can kind of see the spear. Now i don't think that's enough so can only assume Hicks had a say also. I think a Spear is usually a longer ban, maybe if it was clear on the footage it would of been a longer ban? I dont know.

But it was a spear, and I think personally 1 game he got off lightly.
The footage you watch is on YouTube and is prob not HD not frame by frame when you can pick out parts of an image and zoom in and out, all you are watching is an explanation of the incident, to show you on what basis a decision is made. Having said all that the ref was stood right by the incident and would also have probably seen what led up to the incident so why they would change the call I'm not sure, unless game is incorrect and the ref got it wrong?

I'm absolutely baffled that they've tried to justify the ban using a reflection in the plexi, however I get the feeling discussions between DOPS and Hicks would have gone on and come to the conclusion it should have been a match penalty, if it was a spear.

All I know is he's raring to go in Nottingham on Sunday, given his tweets!