Coco The Clown kicks off again in Sheffield

Thread starter #1
Andrew Sharp 2+ 10 for instigating and 5 for fighting all at 1.36 against the very much under strength Bison. Shame he lacked any balls last Sunday :roll:

Chris

Administrator
He tried to fight Cornish, but Cornish refused probably because it wasn't on his own terms :E

So he went and fought #14 who I think is Olynyk?

Chris.

Diafol

Interesting editorial about goons in this week's THN, to quote the final part:

The problem is, from the pugilists' perspective, a sea change is occuring in the hockey world on pre-meditated fights that may, eventually, legislate them (or their behavior) out of the game. The movement began with the Don Sanderson tragedy and found traction at the recent GMs' meeting in Florida, at which the executives recommended a 10-minute misconduct for participants of contrived bouts.

It's a start, but doesn't go far enough; these guys are used to riding the pine for entire periods. I prefer the solution of THN alumnus Mike Brophy. A couple years ago, our former senior writer posited fighting punishment should be directly related to minutes played. Very simply, if you average fewer than ten minutes of ice time per game and fight, you're ejected. If you average more than ten minutes, it's the status quo - a five minute major.

You could tweak the numbers in terms of minutes played, or include supplementary discipline for increased disincentive - maybe increasing suspensions for repeat offenders - but the premise works if the end game is to ensure fights only take place between players who do more than throw 'em.

Personally, I can't believe that Sharp is still employed as a hockey player in this country.
(Can't really say "playing hockey in this country", can I ?)

Chris Stone said:
He tried to fight Cornish, but Cornish refused probably because it wasn't on his own terms :E

So he went and fought #14 who I think is Olynyk?

Chris.
he only got a 2 mins roughing penalty though compared to the 2 plus 10 mincondcut and 5 for fighting, complete idiot, who should not be considered a hockey player,