Conboy. Ok.... here goes

I have easily been one of conboys harshest critics. Clearly in the video he has the intent to threaten albeit it does appear that he tripped at the time of threatening so 6 games seems like a fair but lucky deal as that could have been worse. I would so love to be proved wrong by Conboy as he clearly is a tough character and rightfully so one that the devils need. However is he coachable and following instructions and demands set out by g & franny? He clearly sees the red mist a lot of the time and yea about time someone has, but if he's not able to control his anger he is going to lose us games come the pivotal point at the end of season (if he's still here). There is so much potential in this seasons team they just don't seem to be following instructions or are they and they're just the wrong ones?

Wagstaff

James said:
We don't play the Blaze during his (current) ban
You have one game in between the ban ending and playing us (away at Sheffield), which is ample time for him to get another ban, so where should we put the reserved for Andrew Conboy sign, should it be in the penalty box, in the dressing room, in the stand?

has only himself to blame, his route was clearly towards the lino regardless of the amount of force used, very lucky he didnt get more games
players cannot expect to get away with things like that

DevilDom

claretgiant said:
has only himself to blame, his route was clearly towards the lino regardless of the amount of force used, very lucky he didnt get more games
Do you just come on here to troll?

DevilDom said:
claretgiant said:
I come on here to give my opinion, isn't that what forums are for?........ is this a problem?

do you not go onto other forums to give YOUR opinion?

do you ask EVERY none Devils fan the same question about being a troll?

is your definition of a troll ...someone who DOESN'T agree with all things Devils?

Wannabe2

claretgiant said:
DevilDom said:
claretgiant said:
I come on here to give my opinion, isn't that what forums are for?........ is this a problem?

is your definition of a troll ...someone who DOESN'T agree with all things Devils?
Yes. :lol:

Do you just come on here to troll?[/quote]

is your definition of a troll ...someone who DOESN'T agree with all things Devils?[/quote]
Yes. :lol:[/quote]

+1 :lol: :lol:

My view unfortunately is to get rid of Conboy. In the small glimpses of him he appears that he can play. His style of play makes him a marked man by the refs, and he will continue to take many penalties from all the numpties most of which will be because he's #88. The refs will run him out of the league and will not be happy until the game becomes non contact.

rolf

davel said:
My view unfortunately is to get rid of Conboy. In the small glimpses of him he appears that he can play. His style of play makes him a marked man by the refs, and he will continue to take many penalties from all the numpties most of which will be because he's #88. The refs will run him out of the league and will not be happy until the game becomes non contact.
Yeah maybe, but then you see others in other teams seemingly get away pretty much ban free for the same or worse than he and that's when my conspiracy bone starts to ache......

Looking at that footage it seemed that Conboy got 2 mins every shift, yet also looked to me like he was trying to play.

If ice hockey is to become the gentlemanly euro game, fine, fill it full of swiss guys, but do not allow selected teams their tough guys and then fanny around with the ban sanction to indulge them.

These are just my one-eyed Cardiff-biased thoughts on a Cardiff forum. They won't let me post on other fora, not that I'd want to anyways - nurse!! bitty!!

rolf

claretgiant said:
DevilDom said:
claretgiant said:

Surprisingly enough, on a Devils forum, we all genuinely enjoy and respect your balanced wisdom from the free republic of ulstershire, the cradle of tolerance and free thinking in western europe.

Only one slight nit pick here old chap; it is non and not none devils fan I fancy you meant. If it was in fact none devils fans, then we would not be here to be your appreciative audience, if you think about it. Anyways off to do my homework now.

rolf

stupidly i double posted the last reply and i am not clever enough to delete the whole thing............ummmm there must be a village wondering where their idiot is...................and i'm here all along hahaha

DevilDom

claretgiant said:
DevilDom said:
claretgiant said:

Lots of fans from other teams come on here and give their opinions in a reasoned manner and are thus well respected. Perhaps its just me but I've read a lot of your posts and I find they seem to be aimed at stirring up a reaction, some would say they are inflammatory . That's my definition of a troll.

I don't often go on other forums as my interest is largely around my team and not what is going on with other teams, especially in games where my team wasn't involved.

Anyway, I'm probably doing the wrong thing by giving you the attention you obviously desire.

Wagstaff

From an away fans point of view, I enjoy the inferno, the MNL that you guys and girls run is second only to attending a game, so hopefully my posts will be either humorous or be making a valid point, some will not be pro Devils as I wear blue tinted spectacles but Claretgiant it seems that you try any post everything that is pro teal and everything that is negative red, the posts that even wound me up were to do with the game where Mac Faulkner was injured and you protested innocence from your team,
How do you expect to be received?

DevilDom

Wagstaff said:
From an away fans point of view, I enjoy the inferno, the MNL that you guys and girls run is second only to attending a game, so hopefully my posts will be either humorous or be making a valid point, some will not be pro Devils as I wear blue tinted spectacles but Claretgiant it seems that you try any post everything that is pro teal and everything that is negative red, the posts that even wound me up were to do with the game where Mac Faulkner was injured and you protested innocence from your team,
Well said from an away fan that always puts a reasoned and well constructed argument across whether that be pro or anti Devils.

drainage

Wagstaff said:
Was going to try and ignore her/his post as I also find them often designed to inflame a situation but have to say well said that man! The route they refer to seemed to me (apologies if I am wrong) to be our bench therefore not sure why he /she thinks Conboy shouldn't have been there!

I have no issue with balanced and reasoned views from non Devils and even expect there to be completely non balanced comments but also as this is a Devils forum surely other fans cannot be ahocked if we disagree with some comments ! Expect nothing different if the shoe was on the other foot!