Confirmed Signings all teams 2014/15

ASHIPP

zoesdevil said:
Temme said:
zoesdevil said:
Another injured player for them.

Oh dear...

if it's any consolation, his stats don't imply he'd have done much anyway :lol:
To be honest I quite agree, he didn't look like he was going to set the league alight!! They'll probably sign a bloody brilliant signing to replace him now!!
And why not? They probably have the funds to do it. They need good and healthy players for this tough European competition. Representing British ice hockey as a wild card entry, hope the Panthers perform well.

zoesdevil

ASHIPP said:
zoesdevil said:
Temme said:
Another injured player for them.

Oh dear...

if it's any consolation, his stats don't imply he'd have done much anyway :lol:
To be honest I quite agree, he didn't look like he was going to set the league alight!! They'll probably sign a bloody brilliant signing to replace him now!!
And why not? They probably have the funds to do it. They need good and healthy players for this tough European competition. Representing British ice hockey as a wild card entry, hope the Panthers perform well.
Didn't say there was anything wrong with it, just stating that there negative news could now create positive for them with a better signing!!

Temme

I'd love to see them do well, they are flying the flag for all of us in this competition.

It'll be interesting how it unfolds once they've finished the CHL tournament - and all the players have to re-adjust to new lines, positions etc - will it be to their detriment in the long run of the league?

wildthing74 said:
Temme said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/puck-daddy/danish-hockey-players-suspended-fired-team-game-fixing-221521593--nhl.html

Just a little more information about Steelers new guy Tyler Mosienko.

I for one, intend to to scream at the top of my lungs "Did you bet on that, Tyler?" at EVERYTHING he does in the big blue tent.

Welcome to the EIHL, cheat.
As much as I love G I still can't believe he signed a guy that cheated his team mates. It's all well and good people getting a second chance but if you are one of the guys in the room how could you look him in the eye and not wonder if he is one of you? Hockey teams are a brotherhood so to have cheated team mates just for a few quid is insane.
Mike Danton spent time in prison yet he signed in our league and was given a second chance. Surely thats worse for what Tyler did? Everyone makes mistakes, listen to his interviews he is full of remorse. He has a huge point to prove, and is already under more pressure because of his actions than everyone else in the League.

James

Administrator
steeler lass said:
Mike Danton spent time in prison yet he signed in our league and was given a second chance. Surely thats worse for what Tyler did?
How was he given a second chance? He never played over here and was largely ridiculed by everyone except some Cov fans? Also the crime was worse but not directly linked to the game like Mosienkos crime was.

Mooney#16

Not sure anyone would dispute his playing ability but what point does he have to prove and what pressure is he under. To not match fix again? Well done your healed. He could be league MVP but he's still a cheating bugger. He shafted his team mates. I'm sure he's full of remorse that he's kicked his career up the chuff and ruined his earning potential but he better check what team mate means in the dictionary because he isn't a good one.

Personally I hope someone absolutely mauls the guy and when he is desperate for someone to come to his aid his team mates step back and teach him the lesson he will remember. A selfish mentality gets treated selfishly in return. I feel for the Steelers players. I'm sure they will be professional but G has taken a big gamble on a potential locker room hand granade and I wouldn't be overjoyed if I were them at G for putting me in that position either. Great way to start a season.

Temme

Mooney#16 said:
Not sure anyone would dispute his playing ability but what point does he have to prove and what pressure is he under. To not match fix again? Well done your healed. He could be league MVP but he's still a cheating bugger. He shafted his team mates. I'm sure he's full of remorse that he's kicked his career up the chuff and ruined his earning potential but he better check what team mate means in the dictionary because he isn't a good one.

Personally I hope someone absolutely mauls the guy and when he is desperate for someone to come to his aid his team mates step back and teach him the lesson he will remember. A selfish mentality gets treated selfishly in return. I feel for the Steelers players. I'm sure they will be professional but G has taken a big gamble on a potential locker room hand granade and I wouldn't be overjoyed if I were them at G for putting me in that position either. Great way to start a season.
Regardless of what Tyler does while he's here, or how he performs, the negative stigma that's attached to what he did will no question have a detrimental effect on the dressing room there.

Ocko

Good signing by the Giants, I'd still say they are the team to beat this year. I just hope they come unstuck with a coach that is new to all of the players.

Ocko said:
Good signing by the Giants, I'd still say they are the team to beat this year. I just hope they come unstuck with a coach that is new to all of the players.
agreed very good signing for the Giants.
as for you hoping the coach comes unstuck because he is new to all the players....well thats not strictly true he has coached David Phillips, Kevin Phillips, Stephen Murphy, Evan Cheverie, Colin Shields and Craig Peacock before in Belfast. :D
the same statement could be levelled at any coach in any year because a large percentage of most teams are new to the coach ;)

ASHIPP

Ocko said:
And that's the sting...the Giants are a well-oiled machine with an established core of players who know the drills and moves. They play as a unit and have experienced leaders in the group.Majority of last year's team are returning.

Thornton himself has won things as both player and coach of Giants regardless of who is on
the roster. He knows what he's doing. They will be right in the mix again this season...would be fantastic for Devils to finally get their number though when it really matters.