Congrats Belfast

osh

Thread starter #1
Irrespective of cries of how many imports, breaking wage barriers etc etc, congrats to Belfast for winning the league title. They proved once again the best in the EIHL, and having said that, they really didn’t have to be that good to beat very mediocre other teams in the league this year.
As for us ? Wake up management and if you don’t already feel the discontent with the loyal fans who are not at all impressed with what we have seen this season, then god help is all.

Mooney#16

Congratulations to Steve Thornton. Let’s not forget for years he was a loyal and dedicated Devil and he is now dominating the EIHL as Belfast GM. As much as Keefe gets praised Thornton goes under the radar but his contribution is massive. There are a lot of things Belfast get very right with his finger prints all over.

If we are all honest there’s a lot to be jealous of there and the challenge is to step up and exceed it.

BostonBart22

Yes, we'll done Giants, they had a blip for a few weeks ie storm double header loss at home and a few in house problems...but knew how to bounce back... in getting besko back as well lifted the team from 100%winners to 110% winners, can't see any team touching the this time in the playoffs, far to superior to other teams this season .

E.D.S.

Just an embarrassment of riches in that team. McLeod is some player to be able to bring in so late. His speed is insane. Way above the standard for this league.
Just a very balanced team. No weaknesses driven by one heck of a coach.
Congratulations Giants.

moggy#9

Congratulations to Steve Thornton. Let’s not forget for years he was a loyal and dedicated Devil and he is now dominating the EIHL as Belfast GM. As much as Keefe gets praised Thornton goes under the radar but his contribution is massive. There are a lot of things Belfast get very right with his finger prints all over.

If we are all honest there’s a lot to be jealous of there and the challenge is to step up and exceed it.
It still annoys me that much of Belfast built initially was by picking over the bones of the likes of Cardiff, London and Bracknell - but you have to admire their consistency and determination to win (by any means).

Wannabe2

Yes, we'll done Giants, they had a blip for a few weeks ie storm double header loss at home and a few in house problems...but knew how to bounce back... in getting besko back as well lifted the team from 100%winners to 110% winners, can't see any team touching the this time in the playoffs, far to superior to other teams this season .
This is going to sound like a insane statement, but I think the only team that could stop Giants winning the play offs is us, I don’t believe we will get there myself, but if we did and played like we are capable of playing, with a little luck we could beat them. Our team are so Jekyl and Hyde, more Hyde than Jekyl, but I truly believe we are the only team that could beat them, without us there to me it’s a free pass to winning the thing for Giants. This is one of the really goading things about this team, we can be very very good, and can be total shit, hope I have explained myself properly.

kingmo19.1

Congratulations to the Giants, best off ice and on ice product this season and deserved winners!

They’ve moved the bar higher in the EIHL.

Gauntlet laid down for 2023-2024!

ASHIPP

Congratulations to the Giants. Hope they achieve the Grand Slam.....be surprised if Keefe is around for many more seasons in this league.

Whatever the criticisms of Belfast this season, they were the most consistent team. End of.