Coventry release new shirt design

Chris

Administrator
Since you asked so nicely, no!

Only joking :E

I just sort of feel that the one and only reason the Blaze have signed him is because of the marketing/advertising possibilities that his name opens up, the Blaze and this signing in particular are being discussed on just about every forum, or have been, i imagine it might be the same on facebook/twitter.

I'm not entirely comfortable with the above, chances are i'm entirely wrong like i've been so many other times, but even if the Blaze flat out denied that was the reason he was signed, i'm not sure i'd believe them.

Of all the imports out there, they choose someone with such a emotive background, he's still waiting on his visa despite being announced weeks, if not months ago now. It's not like the Blaze, or any other team (other than the Caps) are struggling for good/great looking signings...

Bit of a rambling mess, but maybe it makes sense :E

osh

Someone had to sign him Chris so why not the Blaze? Good luck to him ( if he gets a work permit )
I"ve got no problems going to watch him if he ends up playing for the Blaze. If he does something wrong, I'll join in with those who jeer him. If he scores, I'll be sat there cursing him no doubt. In other words, I don't see him as being any different to any other opposition player. Let's not forget, the guy can actually play to a decent standard.

Skippy

Re: Re: Coventry release new shirt design

osh said:
Someone had to sign him Chris so why not the Blaze? Good luck to him ( if he gets a work permit )
I"ve got no problems going to watch him if he ends up playing for the Blaze. If he does something wrong, I'll join in with those who jeer him. If he scores, I'll be sat there cursing him no doubt. In other words, I don't see him as being any different to any other opposition player. Let's not forget, the guy can actually play to a decent standard.
Spot on.

I get where your coming from Chris but I suspect he can play a bit :-(

Gazza272 said:
Qweeb said:
Now a crowd full of these for coventry games would be good!!!!

Thinking that may be a little bit to antaganistic myself!

We all remember when we were not best pleased when the Blaze fans turned up to the WNIR in their builders outfits (for the demolishing of the WNIR)
I was one of those in the builders outfit and, having read many views on here, i feel even less sorry for having wore it. It seems banter applies only one way when it comes to some fans on here.

Do you know what winds me up on here ? the 'holier than thou' attitudes of some Cov fans !!

Theo Fleury had been abused and because of this he turned to drugs/drink etc...and went through some bad things in his life but did the Coventry fans think ''Oh poor Theo he has been through a lot and despite that he has turned it around and made a fantastic career for himself'' ? NO THEY DIDNT, he was treated appalingly at the Skydome, with posters and abuse thrown at him. Funny how that changes when you sign a player with a 'past'.

Not only that but despite what Theo went through he never arranged to have someone murdered !

I for one, will not be shouting abuse at anyone as that is not my thing but does Danton really expect no-one to bring up his past ??

DevilDom

bigmo said:
Gazza272 said:
Qweeb said:

We all remember when we were not best pleased when the Blaze fans turned up to the WNIR in their builders outfits (for the demolishing of the WNIR)
I was one of those in the builders outfit and, having read many views on here, i feel even less sorry for having wore it. It seems banter applies only one way when it comes to some fans on here.
So by your admission Danton is fair game then (otherwise banter would be one way only). Cool, I'll be wearing my convict outfit, ball and chain and will have a contract and wad of dollars in my hand (for the hit) the next time I visit the Chavdome! I hope all the Cov fans see it as banter just like you.

drainage

bigmo said:
Gazza272 said:
Qweeb said:

Priceless ..... just priceless !

bigmo said:
Gazza272 said:
Qweeb said:

I'll be honest, I'm not sure I know which side you're taking... :DWD

Twinkle said:
Do you know what winds me up on here ? the 'holier than thou' attitudes of some Cov fans !!

Theo Fleury had been abused and because of this he turned to drugs/drink etc...and went through some bad things in his life but did the Coventry fans think ''Oh poor Theo he has been through a lot and despite that he has turned it around and made a fantastic career for himself'' ? NO THEY DIDNT, he was treated appalingly at the Skydome, with posters and abuse thrown at him. Funny how that changes when you sign a player with a 'past'.

Not only that but despite what Theo went through he never arranged to have someone murdered !

I for one, will not be shouting abuse at anyone as that is not my thing but does Danton really expect no-one to bring up his past ??
Fans can say what they like. I'm sure Danton has heard it all before. In fact he weems to handle the chirping/abuse better in twitter than you're new tough guy.

Some of the abuse at Fleury was OTT but i'm pretty sure the childhood abuse he'd been through only came to light a year or so after he played over here.

Let's give the last words to Jiminy Cricket. 'Always let your conscience be your guide.

If you're happy to, do it. Just tell 'em Schedule 1, Article 10 of the Human Rights Act 1998 guarantees your right to freedom of expression. So there.

Skippy

WelshHabsFan said:
If you're happy to, do it. Just tell 'em Schedule 1, Article 10 of the Human Rights Act 1998 guarantees your right to freedom of expression. So there.
Yeah but there's an awful lot of if's and buts in Schedule 2 ;)

You mean part II of Article 10? ;)

The right extends only as far until it impinges upon '...morals...[or] the protection of the reputation or rights of others...'

I'm sure Danton won't be aware of that bit though.

Gotta love the law. It's a total waste of flipping time.

Skippy

WelshHabsFan said:

The right extends only as far until it impinges upon '...morals...[or] the protection of the reputation or rights of others...'

Your right it is part 2 I meant :D

TheStub

Re: Re: Coventry release new shirt design

skippy said:
WelshHabsFan said:

Your right it is part 2 I meant :D
Bloody dis-illusioned lawyers :p