Danton signs for Coventry

Seems a great signing for them, he has a past which should remain just that and hopefully his NHL experience can only be a positive impact on the league

osh

Could be a good signing for the Blaze. Not a prolific scorer going by his stats, but could be the sort of 'in your face' player most teams need. At 5'9" he's not going to scare many with his physical presence, but I think he will be the type of player that draws penalties from the opposition. Despite his past, he appears to be a very determined person who has worked hard to get on with his life and I wish him well, except against us of course. ;)

A

Anonymous

Im expecting danton to be in the top 20 points wise this season to be honest!!
Good luck to him seems like hes been through alot :)

Everyone's safe around him. It's his employees you have to watch.

Judging by his bio though I'd say he has plenty of defences, legally and morally. We live in a messed up world, kids.

According to the Daily Mail, we let anyone into this country...

I'm sure they'd have thought of that though. He was released after 63 months of a 90 month term and has been out for a while now, so the conviction could be spent.

Plus he played in Europe last season so I wouldn't have thought there would be an issue. I'm sure Coventry would have already looked into this anyway.

A

Anonymous

Good to see him and keefe talking on twitter. danton says he would beat up keefe as keefe cant even stand up yet alone skate.
Banter or not its interesting :)

Also keefe says he's not spoke to anyone apart from giants in this league.

Zack Kassian said:
Good to see him and keefe talking on twitter. danton says he would beat up keefe as keefe cant even stand up yet alone skate.
Banter or not its interesting :)

Also keefe says he's not spoke to anyone apart from giants in this league.
Danton played with AK's older brother Sheldon and was friends with him, all three at one stage had the agent Frost, that Danton was convicted of wanting to have killed. (lots more reading around if you google it)
Keefe gave Danton a list of clubs in the EIHL that he thought would suit Danton.

Gohabsgo said:
Liam_Sanderson said:
Lp 1 said:
True On wikipedia it says he peaded guily to hiring a hitman:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Danton
Aaah Wikipedia, the trusted source for all factual information.
Erm, but it is true. He went to prison.

Served his time though so should be allowed a second chance.
Not disputing any of that and he does deserve a second chance. In his time in prison he learnt a skill which helped him to save a team mates life when he came out. I can think of many less deserving people that have been given second chances. I look forward to seeing him play, especially if Finnerty's tweet about clashing prospects is true.

I just never trust Wikipedia :lol: