DCF -spending

Thread starter #1
I don't want to stir up a hornets nest, and obviously i'm a Blaze fan so it will probably be seen as stirring, but i don't understand the DCF.

Other clubs seem to do as much community work as the Devils but don't do it as registered charrities. Are they missing something or is Regan just more tax savy?

And i've seen posts that the ENL squad was close to dissapearing if it wasn't for the DCF. Isn't the ENL adults with some imports? I just struggle to see how they get charity donations.

It's just always something i've been curious about. Living in Wales for 5/6 years i'd like to know where sone of my matchnight money has gone

Finny

Although it's name has changed over time - I'm pretty sure the junior organisation when linked to the club was run as a charity since before Ragan's time.

It might have been Matt Burge, although Uncle Bob was always good at setting up organisations that (legally) allowed the club to pay less tax.

Jones72

Yeah... And I thought Fife set up their United Community Keepers scheme some time ago. It didn't take off for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kipper

Finny said:
Although it's name has changed over time - I'm pretty sure the junior organisation when linked to the club was run as a charity since before Ragan's time.

It might have been Matt Burge, although Uncle Bob was always good at setting up organisations that (legally) allowed the club to pay less tax.
DCF was set up by Matt Burge.

Cardiff Junior Ice Hockey Club which preceded the DCF was not a charity. It was a non-profit making organisation

Sheincar

Kipper said:
Finny said:

DCF was set up by Matt Burge.

Cardiff Junior Ice Hockey Club which preceded the DCF was not a charity. It was a non-profit making organisation
I certainly remember Uncle Bob talking about setting up a charity. Think it was at 100 Club meeting at Cineworld many moons ago.

Sheincar said:
I certainly remember Uncle Bob talking about setting up a charity. Think it was at 100 Club meeting at Cineworld many moons ago.
It was first brought up at cineworld but I don't think it was the charity, I'm pretty sure it was the booster club. The idea was that the club could turn over £60k before becoming liable for VAT and stuff.

Sheincar

Gingers Husband said:
Sheincar said:
It was first brought up at cineworld but I don't think it was the charity, I'm pretty sure it was the booster club. The idea was that the club could turn over £60k before becoming liable for VAT and stuff.
Ah that could be it. Knew it was something dodgy :lol: