DEAL: £8 Adult tickets to Fife and Nottingham home games!

voth26

Re: DEAL: £8 Adult tickets to Fife and Nottingham home games

Coach Gerad Adams leads a team of superstars who together pour their own brand of blood and thunder all over their Elite League competitors. You'll see slashing, roughing, hooking, and charging (as well as an occasional bench-clearing) as tempers run high in the race for the puck. Don't miss the excitement -- snatch up this deal and join the legion of fans known as "The Red Army".

This statement is one hell of a way to sell a game to newbies, sounds like its really trying to play on the adrenalin to get it pumping, cant wait for tonights game now!!!!.

Thank you ever so much for posting this Gandl. I can't come up to many games but my daughter and I were coming up this Sunday anyway so will save some money. They also offer your deal for free if you can get three other people to sign up to the deal. No good for me as I don't imagine many people wanting to come up from Yeovil but a good chance for the Cardiff locals to save even more money. I know Fife won't necessarily be a crowd puller but let's hope this deal can help fill up the BBT. If we win tonight a win on Sunday would see our longest unbeaten run of the season so far (I think).

Really hope these deals encourage some newbies who return for more games because of it... however, as a ST holder, I make that 5 games already this season I could have gone to at a heavily discounted price and I'm guessing there'll be at least 5 more this season??? Making me serious think about whether I'd renew next year as arguably taking advantage of all the deals / getting flex tickets for non-voucher games could work out cheaper.

ledgend777 said:
Really hope these deals encourage some newbies who return for more games because of it... however, as a ST holder, I make that 5 games already this season I could have gone to at a heavily discounted price and I'm guessing there'll be at least 5 more this season??? Making me serious think about whether I'd renew next year as arguably taking advantage of all the deals / getting flex tickets for non-voucher games could work out cheaper.
I have seen a number of posts in the past highlighting that for some supporters the decision to buy a ST is purely down the benefits it brings them, and not what they are doing to support the club. I think the club are missing a trick by not offering more benefits to retain the ST holders

Something simple and I imagine cheap would be for the club to give away a signed puck from the first Devils goal at each home game to a random ST holder.

I am a ST holder and in no way begrudge the club for trying to bring in new fans by offering cheap tickets. In fact I would be happy to see block 15 offered cheap for every game. 'Tickets from £8 per person' might carry a lot of weight on flyers and in the media.

A

Anonymous

When i go to buy ticket its not giving me the option of choosing the game and seats.??

Brian Ball said:
When I go to buy ticket its not giving me the option of choosing the game and seats.??
If you are talking about the living social site, its because you are not buying tickets. You are buying a voucher to exchange at the box office for tickets. Its at the box office you pick the game and seats you want from what is available.

See the section headed fine print.

I do wonder how much the club take from the sale, and if you know a ST holder if it would be better for the club to get a ticket through the bring a buddy scheme?

toy_car_uk said:
ledgend777 said:
I have seen a number of posts in the past highlighting that for some supporters the decision to buy a ST is purely down the benefits it brings them, and not what they are doing to support the club. I think the club are missing a trick by not offering more benefits to retain the ST holders

Something simple and I imagine cheap would be for the club to give away a signed puck from the first Devils goal at each home game to a random ST holder.

I am a ST holder and in no way begrudge the club for trying to bring in new fans by offering cheap tickets. In fact I would be happy to see block 15 offered cheap for every game. 'Tickets from £8 per person' might carry a lot of weight on flyers and in the media.
I agree. Would be glad to see more newbies and bigger crowds through use of the deals but being a ST holder doesn't really have many benefits and like you say, even something simple and cheap would help. Basically I spend a lot of money and get a guarenteed seat with my ST which I could pretty much guarentee I'd get those seats before I was a season ticket holder by paying the game before anyway.

I know it's way off yet, but as it's such a large amount for me and the misses I am thinking about whether I'll renew or not next year. I love watching the Devils and supporting my team - it's just down to is a ST worth the expense.

Chris

Administrator

I don't expect this to go down well, and I guess i'd be trying to get cheaper tickets for the games if I was in Cardiff still because of the random acceptance of my student ID by Planet Ice...

But...

It can't be any help for the team whatsoever if regular fans are buying these tickets. I understand the offer is open to everyone, but the idea seems to be to try and attract new fans, not give cheaper tickets to regular fans. I wonder what sort of affect having more people in the rink, but at a much cheaper ticket price is having on our finances? There's no way to really regulate it I suppose though :S

Chris.

Skippy

Really hard to police who's buying tickets I'd guess ?

A nearly full rink has got to be better than a half full one hasn't it ?

In general the games they have picked have been the ones that get low attendences, the Mid weeks games can be dire no matter who is playing and games against Hull the Caps and the Stars always seem to have a slighty smaller turn out.

I suppose it's swings and roundabouts. I wasn't going to bother on Sunday because the game will likely be fairly rubbish, but I was always going to go on weds.

I've got the cheap ticket for both games so I guess the club have ended up with what they would have got from me anyway, but they have an extra seat filled for Sunday :)

TheStub

The really big issue is these "Groupon" esq sites take a huge cut - something like 50% - for the privilege of selling your product at a discount price. So the club get 25% of the normal ticket price.

For these deals to be a "success" financially, we would need to sell more tickets than the tent holds. Therefore this most be an attempt to attract new fans.

The real money spinners are the season ticket holders bringing a friend. Yes, that bring the regular non-ST holders, but my group have already brought 5 hockey virgins. The trouble is the Planet Ice box office - you just can't book over the phone or online. When you are ten minutes away that is fine, but when it is an hour you don't bother. Without the booking, it is all too easy to just leave it.

So - PI please stop being a log jam, and work out a method of booking the "buddy" tickets at least over the phone - preferably through the website.

The situation with PI annoys me also. The fact that they charge to use any card is also annoying. The Living Social vouchers says that you need to phone them up to book the ticket but when you do this they tell you that they can't book on the phone.

Does it? what I read says you need to collect them from the box office two hours before face off.

nmase20 said:
Does it? what I read says you need to collect them from the box office two hours before face off.
It does say that but it says you have to phone up to book - I thought it implied this was part of the procedure to get the tickets. As instructed by PI I'll just be turning up at the Rink before 12pm to collect tickets.

steve

same here - i booked 3 only to find i had to be there in person before 12pm on sunday and couldnt even reserve them over the phone.

i live 120 miles away, and have no intention of getting down 6 hours early. thankfully a mate has sorted it for me, but not the most consumer friendly of processes!

In that case I guess I will need to ring up about the Wednesday game, I'll be in work all day and wont be able to get there till 6:30!