Deeds handed two fines

Chris

Administrator
Because I was deleting posts :)

Unfortunately I deleted my post explaining why it was locked also, not everyone will have had a chance to see it. Thread is now unlocked though.

Was in reply to Finny on that other thread:

Not anti devils. If i was anti devils i'd be heading a swift way towards a divorce. I've ranted about blaze plenty of times in the previous seasons, and got a faur bit of stick from blaze fans for slagging their worship of Danton off. In fact i was one of the fans who said about last years problems first, so don't try and brush me off with a simple remark.

Too many fans take things personally when something happens to their team or players. Personally i find it easy to find that divide. I just think this is a bit of a ott reaction. I'd hope Deeds is man enough to take responsibility for his own actions and refuse any money towards the fines.

I am sure he is quite capable of taking responsibility for his actions but you are fortunate not to feel the anger we fans have felt over the last few days. This is our way of supporting our team in how we see fit

Deeds has probably had a tough week so these fines couldn't be helping how he's feeling so of course as fans we will help. Why not? Depending how many we can get donating, a few £ here and there will at least help towards it.

drainage

helloimclaire said:
Deeds has probably had a tough week so these fines couldn't be helping how he's feeling so of course as fans we will help. Why not? Depending how many we can get donating, a few £ here and there will at least help towards it.
My view is its our gift to give if we chose to ... I haven't had anyone question where I spend my money in a long long time ! They won't start now

I think after this week anything we can do to support our team constructively we should do and hope it's seen in the manner it's intended

It's a gesture and a well meant and intentioned one

drainage said:
helloimclaire said:
My view is its our gift to give if we chose to ... I haven't had anyone question where I spend my money in a long long time ! They won't start now

I think after this week anything we can do to support our team constructively we should do and hope it's seen in the manner it's intended

It's a gesture and a well meant and intentioned one
Exactly so I don't know why certain people are mocking and hating our gesture to our players. After the week everyone involved with the Devils have had, we're bound to show support and this is one way. That's what fans do, it's what the best fans in the league do ;)

Chris

Administrator
Not that i'm sure we need to justify this, but at least for me and the rest of the guys involved in the site, at the start of the season we asked Blight and Didiomete to do a season long blog for the website, thus giving the fans a different perspective on things.

The EIHL has changed it's social media policy to include blogs, but only decided to make that decision now. At first the policy only covered comments on games within set hours before/after games, now Didiomete has said something they don't like, blogs are included.

If I have to chip in every so often in order to see a player speak their mind then so be it :)

Well said , I know we are going to be accused of having chips on our shoulders and any other rubbish comments, but I am proud that we have fans willing to support our team this way. I have no doubt the club is as well

Sheincar

TBH I've given up caring what fans of other clubs think of us. If people want to chip in fine - if they don't fine. I'll do my bit though.

yes that's what we do, like giving money to the tylor fund, how thay forget, bring on the bucket. if thay think deeds has crossed a line thay should warn him then change the rule, not fine him, then change the rule to cover what he said when it was legal !

Quite a few years ago the Devils walked off the ice against Telford Tigers as they felt the refs weren't protecting them, they were fined £1,000, the fans raised that money and paid the fine. At the time the team never forgot that and were over whelmed by the generosity. It is entirely up to people what they want to do but don't let one bad experience put you off

cardiffdevil said:
Quite a few years ago the Devils walked off the ice against Telford Tigers as they felt the refs weren't protecting them, they were fined £1,000, the fans raised that money and paid the fine. At the time the team never forgot that and were over whelmed by the generosity. It is entirely up to people what they want to do but don't let one bad experience put you off
I know I was there! Regarding this issue I don't the know the ins and outs to busy to read it! But fair do's if a fan wants to pay then fair play, I won't be doing so