Dept of player safety

Thread starter #1
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet but I am very impressed with this. It's exectly what we wanted, an explanation of the suspensions. Long may it continue.

Tony Smith confirmed (on Steelers webcast) that it's basically an impartial group/agency in Europe (presumably mainland) who review the footage and make the call. It's supposedly the system used by several leagues in Europe including German and Austrian leagues. So, it's basically outsourced to experts.

kettdevil1

KGW said:
Tony Smith confirmed (on Steelers webcast) that it's basically an impartial group/agency in Europe (presumably mainland) who review the footage and make the call. It's supposedly the system used by several leagues in Europe including German and Austrian leagues. So, it's basically outsourced to experts.
Didn't know that and actually that is really encouraging..... I imagined it would be the normal suspects but at least this sounds independent.

DevilDom

KGW said:
That is excellent news if true and a huge step in the right direction. It would be great if the EIHL could confirm it and dispel any conspiracy theories. I'm quite surprised they haven't done so already if it is true.