Derek not stayin ????

DC has signed to play in the CHL this year.
There are a number of reasons for this. I guess first and foremost DC was offered contracts
from 2 EIHL teams but the Devils were not one of them. I don't think he really thought of going else where in the UK. Money wise it also made more sense to go to the CHL the problem was which team to go to as he also had a few choices there. And now that DC has a family ( well within the next 3 days ) they are to induce if the little one does not want to come by himself.
It made sense this year to stay closer to family so we can see the little guy. (pure greed on my behalf lol ).... Next year who knows..

Gutted about this one. DC always gave everything for us, the guy hit like a train aswell which I feel is something we missed big time when he got injured and in our run in to the end of the season. From reading the comments above it does seem like the sensible option for him and his family, and all thats left is for us to give our thanks and support. Cheers DC for your hard work and good luck for the future.
CJ

Im quite suprised no contract was offered to DC, was one of if not my favourite player last season whilst he wasn't injured. Cant blame him for wanting to be near his family so good luck for the future. Its been good having you on the forum grampa C :p

This has been round a while now, hasn't it?
I'm sure there was about 8 pages in the rumours thread (?), talking about DC.

But still, I wish him all the best, and I'm sure anyone ellse would have done the same thing in his situation.
However, I am quite shocked that the devils hadn't offered him a contract, the only reason I can think for them not to offer him one, is if he had already said that he was going back home to be closer to his family :/

I'm interested to know who the 2 other elite teams who offered him contracts were ;)

Rempel16

A real shame that DC not coming back. He was certainly a big cog in this team while fit. He was like Latulippe's bodyguard for a while too.

I gues sit comes down to him and G being too similar as players.

Good luck DC, hopefully you can tear the CHL up and get your contract back next year!!!

ASHIPP

Think we've known this for a few weeks now and not surprising he's made the decision to stay in North America with a family on the way. Not suprised either that DC was offered contracts from other EIHL clubs - he's very skilled and totally exciting to watch. If it's true, I AM suprised that the Devils didn't offer a contract to DC....but maybe he had already told G early that he had made up his mind to return to North America? Have said it before but I will be gutted he's not back with us but I wish him and his family all the very best for the future. Thanks, DC for your contribution to the Devils - you will be missed. :(

Very dis-appointed to read this.

Derek was my favourite player last year. Always gave 100%, great hitter, exciting to watch and scored goals.

I hope DC Dad will pass on mine (and I'm sure many others that I know who don't use this forum) thanks for all his efforts with the Devils, and best wishes to him for next season and impending family life.

Cheers Derek!

Shame DC wont be back. Thought he was our most consistent player for us last year before his injury. Would have loved to have seen him on 3rd line this year with G and towe.

Best of luck with your new team and your pending new arrival.
All the best

Wannabe2

bubbles said:
I think someone owe me a beer from the other thread.
Think that might be me, and you are welcome. Gutted Dereks not returning, his hits were worth the entrance fee alone, the CHLs gain is our loss. Would like to think he may sometime return, all the very best to all the Campbell family.

Wannabe2 said:
bubbles said:
I think someone owe me a beer from the other thread.
Think that might be me, and you are welcome. Gutted Dereks not returning, his hits were worth the entrance fee alone, the CHLs gain is our loss. Would like to think he may sometime return, all the very best to all the Campbell family.

I know a big loss to the club.