Derrick Walser ...

ASHIPP

And what an absolute insult to the lovely young lady who sings our beloved Anthem every week so beautifully.
Beth is an absolute professional always and in this case carried on singing faultlessly and proudly until the end.

A bouquet of flowers presented to her by way of an apology would be a classy gesture from the Belfast Giants organisation on their next visit to the IAW.

Sorry but after seeing those highlights that is just plain no arguments disrespectful. You can bet your bottom dollar he wouldn't do that during the US/Canadian anthem (sorry don't know what his nationality is)

Earnie

I asked a hockey friend in Victoria,Canada to look at the video and what would they do in Canada.
Here is his reply:

Getting a ten minute misconduct is absurd. The player should have been benched,team fined, and a review of his action by the organisation.
I have seen that on occasion over here and the player typically sits out three ,fined personally, and required to apologise to the fans before he is able to play again.

He also said ' the girl singing the anthem sounded wonderful'.

Last edited:

Electro

Let's *deleted* off the fans and the club. What peeps don't seem to get is that Welsh peeps get it a lot in sport, we bring fear of failure to other teams, they feel the need to play mind games because they need as much help as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Electro

I apologise for any offence l may have caused. I forgot that the site although mostly viewed by adults might also be visited by children.

Devil_Abroad

I apologise for any offence l may have caused. I forgot that the site although mostly viewed by adults might also be visited by children.

Thank you for the apology

However, it's not only offensive to children. I don't care to hear that kind of language either. (However, my wife does often call me childish so....)

Electro

I shall keep to the term Wee or pee.

But basically yes he did it to try to pee people off, from the language l heard it worked, its just as well you were not in the crowd, you'd have been ashamed.