Devil v Devil? Cardiff against New Jersey?

TheStub

Not sure how I would feel about NJ Devils vs the Cardiff Devils. Who would I cheer for :lol:

Also, it raises the interesting question - how much do we want to see our favourite team hung out to dry :lol:

It is a nice idea, but not sure I could ever see an NHL team in the Big Blue Tent. Maybe start with one of the affiliate teams. The AHL Lowell Devils would be entertaining, or even the ECHL affiliate Trenton Devils.

The better the ties we have with the NHL/ American leagues the better though. Who knows, the first act may be them poaching Ben Davies into their junior program ;)

maybe 'if' we get a new ice rink it could be the opening fixture new jersey devils v cardiff devils.that would surely pull in the devils fans and fans across the uk!!

TheStub

Can't get to the Lowell website from work - of all the hockey sites, that is the one they block. Go figure.

A NHL team playing in this country would see like hot cakes - I would go as far as to say that they may sell out the biggest ice arenas we have, even playing Cardiff.

mars

When I saw this on Devils website I was soo excited (and still am), it made a fantastic bonus to a great day!! I really hope they do it, although we would be slaughtered it would still be great to see the Jersey's play...maybe we could pick up some tips from them!! :D

I'm guessing that this is what Shannon was talking about when discussing bringing NHL teams over to play in the Millennium Stadium. Perhaps we could do a similar type of tournament that the Caps have just put on but with NHL teams.

Foxy

Im sure when the Devils first started up that the supporters clubs joined forces for a while. If i recall correctly a group of Devils fans went over to New Jersey.

Would be excellent if a Cardiff Devils v NJ Devils game did actually happen in the future - especially as my NHL team is the Rangers ;) :lol:

When in the US in March, we got recognised more than 10 times for our Cardiff Devils shirts, so we are not anonymous to the NHL world! and this is another good step in the right direction