Devils Bar

Thread starter #1
It was mentioned in the web chat today that there soon could be a Devils bar in the city centre. How fantastic would that be?! Just think of the marketing/advertising opportunities!

This sounds absolutely awesome and shows that the Devils Organisation are planning for a great future, just dont want it to be a distraction too what is of far greater importance in sorting out our new arena down the bay.
Reading the Webchat earlier, Wannabee seemed too go missing after this was announced, guess he is probably still dancing with joy around his laptop, all in all very exciting times ahead.

Wannabe2

Sorry just popped out to book my season ticket for the new Devils bar, what a awesome idea it would make a mint. I can see myself now sitting, sipping, and singing whilst watching the Devils on the big screens cant fault it.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Sheincar

Diavlo rosso said:
Good idea they have something like this in Calgary! Be good meeting point before and after games! Like the Springbok used to be when WNIC was still about!
But the Springbok was right by the rink. This is going to be miles from the rink so not sure how much of a meeting point it'll be.

People who live out of Cardiff and say get a train in, would perhaps go to the bar before making their way to the rink? Also after a game people may head back into town after say a Saturday game...

Also just generally a good sports bar for Devils fans and others... :D

Finny

If done right this could be fantastic.

A "Devils Bar" that is open during the afternoon for sports fans to watch live sport.
An hour before the game, a private coach arrives to take people from the bar to the rink for just £2 return.

Since moving down the bay I would say we have lost a lot of the 'young clubbers' who would go to the game before a night out in town. Though we have increased our family supporters along with people happy to drive to games - the chance to advertise ourselves for free in the city centre along with the facility to transport fans to the bay could be crucial.

Sheincar

Finny said:
If done right this could be fantastic.

A "Devils Bar" that is open during the afternoon for sports fans to watch live sport.
An hour before the game, a private coach arrives to take people from the bar to the rink for just £2 return.

Since moving down the bay I would say we have lost a lot of the 'young clubbers' who would go to the game before a night out in town. Though we have increased our family supporters along with people happy to drive to games - the chance to advertise ourselves for free in the city centre along with the facility to transport fans to the bay could be crucial.
But isn't this the crux of the matter. This club seems to have got into the habit of over-promising and under-delivering & no I'm not talking about the on ice matters but the club organisation - or lack of.

From what I've been told, its going to be a Canadian themed bar, rather than a Cardiff Devils themed bar. Its all just an idea atm though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesnt actually happen at all.