Devils @ Capitals - September 21st - Chat/ Updates

Ocko

Although ill add (because my original point sounded a bit negative) that I'm very proud of how the team played. They have a real never say die attitude, going a few goals down doesn't phase them at all. Hell of an effort over the two games. Lord has really hit form too and seems more comfortable in his role.

Ocko

And it seems Bowns played well during the game too, we gave Edinburgh a few breakaways including a 3 on 0. He kept the score to 2 so gave us a chance.

DevilDom

I realise the Caps are not going to be the whipping boys they normally are this year but for me the result tonight is a point dropped rather than a point gained.

I also know we had 2 imports out but the Caps only have 11 to start with and our 10 plus our Brits should have been enough to see them off.

I guess the result can only be properly judged when a few of the other teams in our conference have played them, however I can't see our main rivals dropping points up there.

ASHIPP

Still v early days in the season yet, but some indications already how close and competitive the league is. Many results determined by one goal and already several shootouts and ovetime periods played.

It seems that most teams are finding it hard to pick up points on the road at the moment..except for Coventry and Braehead who have shown most consistency.

Andrew and the Team should be proud of themselves. To even get a point in Edinburgh after such a draining match last night (and they did look tired) with 3 absentees, is an achievement.

A good rest and regroup this week ready for Panthers and Steelers.

:twisted:

Did anyone watch the webcast?

How was Emmerson? I always though of him as a bit of a role player but he picked up a goal and an assist so hopefully I was wrong. Good to see the caps competing though!!

DevilDom

Having just watched the highlights I think Bowns needs to do some serious work on his approach to penalties.
All 3 scored with him virtually stationary deep in the crease making it easy for the shooter to pick their spot.