Devils @ Giants - Double Header - 16th & 17th Oct - Chat

DevilDom

Huge 3 point weekend. That's 3 points more than we got in Belfast last year!

It feels like we are juggernaut that is just starting to get up-to speed but there is definitely more to come from this team. We are still winning games without everyone playing as well as they can and winning really tough games at that!

Earnie

Listening to the Derrick Walser after game interview on Elite, he blames the referee for their woes.
Andrew Lord has class. He never blames the referees. We all have to suffer the variables of referees.
How many times playing Belfast have we been screwed by Hicks?
( Being only a fan,I don't have to show class!)

Devil_Abroad

Re: Devils @ Giants - Double Header - 16th & 17th Oct - Chat

If you listen to him a week ago he says you can't blame refs! Doh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil94

In the Walser interview in the highlights package, he says Keefe was nowhere near the puck and the puck went straight to the net. But the camera angle from behind the goal shows the puck hitting either Keefe or Richardson (after Keefe bumped him), changing direction and then beats Bowns. Without Keefe involved in the play, the goal doesn't happen. A great call from Dean Smith.

jimmy snels

Just stinks of sour grapes and a team not playing well. Those old legs are creaking and they sound like a queue of old women at the post office

DevilDom

Earnie said:
Listening to the Derrick Walser after game interview on Elite, he blames the referee for their woes.
Andrew Lord has class. He never blames the referees. We all have to suffer the variables of referees.
They are blaming the ref for one call which IMO he definitely got right. Keefe clearly screens Bowns on the shot and also takes Richardson out. He could hardly be more involved! Very sour grapes from their coach and the commentators on their webcast were disgraceful.

jimmy snels

I tweeted them to tell them how disgraceful the comments were and they tried to justify it as I'd taken it out of context! Total bollox. They're just shitting themselves incase the league hear it. Was shameful.

have no arguments that Devils deserved the 3 points they got over the weekend, very well deserved.

We didn't lose because of poor calls or officials influence, we lost because the players allowed the so called wrong calls to get under their skin, instead of playing through any injustice they felt.
Walser commented a few games ago that we shouldn't challenge the officials on ice, play through it and make the complaints through the right channels.
We have had Mr Smith in 9 out of 10 games, and no matter what anyone says he is very poor.
I have read comments from your own fans saying he was excellent over the weekend...ummmmm, maybe to much of the black stuff clouded there judgement ;)
But if the calls had been reversed and against the Devils I am pretty sure there would have been plenty of complaints.

One thing that does annoy me is this constant comments from numerous on here forever calling the Giants "classless"
There were cheers last night when the ref took a puck to the chin, and it was noted the fans were called classless on MNL, well if that is the case 90% of the Devils fans attending must be labelled classless to, because they cheered too.
Walser is classless for voicing his opinion on officials in the league, when plenty on here and on other forums have been doing the very same thing for years.

DevilDom said:
Earnie said:
They are blaming the ref for one call which IMO he definitely got right. Keefe clearly screens Bowns on the shot and also takes Richardson out. He could hardly be more involved! Very sour grapes from their coach and the commentators on their webcast were disgraceful.
very blinkerd as usual I see.....Keefe is heading directly to the bench, trys to jump around Richardson , who if you actually take time to look closely is wide of Bowns.

drainage

WheresWally said:
have no arguments that Devils deserved the 3 points they got over the weekend, very well deserved.

We didn't lose because of poor calls or officials influence, we lost because the players allowed the so called wrong calls to get under their skin, instead of playing through any injustice they felt.
Walser commented a few games ago that we shouldn't challenge the officials on ice, play through it and make the complaints through the right channels.
We have had Mr Smith in 9 out of 10 games, and no matter what anyone says he is very poor.
I have read comments from your own fans saying he was excellent over the weekend...ummmmm, maybe to much of the black stuff clouded there judgement ;)
But if the calls had been reversed and against the Devils I am pretty sure there would have been plenty of complaints.

One thing that does annoy me is this constant comments from numerous on here forever calling the Giants "classless"
There were cheers last night when the ref took a puck to the chin, and it was noted the fans were called classless on MNL, well if that is the case 90% of the Devils fans attending must be labelled classless to, because they cheered too.
Walser is classless for voicing his opinion on officials in the league, when plenty on here and on other forums have been doing the very same thing for years.
Sorry but disagree most of the Devils fans didn't cheer him getting hit most went ouch ...... The cheers came from our left , there may have been some Devils who cheered but it wasn't most

The abuse we get everytime from the kids that chuck things at us , gesture at us and swear at us is appalling ....... They may be kids but you try having your enjoyment of the game constantly interrupted by their behaviour. Where are the adults ? Everyime we go stewards have to get involved .......and that's not an exaggeration it's the truth

I think the highlights prove Smith got that call right and I notice his reffing wasn't called into account on Fridays game ? One correct decision and he's castigated

drainage

WheresWally said:
DevilDom said:
Earnie said:
very blinkerd as usual I see.....Keefe is heading directly to the bench, trys to jump around Richardson , who if you actually take time to look closely is wide of Bowns.
You are missing the point he shouldn't have been anywhere near the play .....he should have gone round back of net. Ritchie had his back to him and he took him down Smith was totally correct Keefes error no one else's

august04

I think the Giants organisation should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. Some of the comments on their webcast of the game regarding Smith were outrageous, as were the post game comments of Keefe and Walser. It was the right call, Keefe skated off, in doing so screened Bowns and took out Richardson, end of (quite a clever play if he'd gotten away with it!). I'd be quite happy to see more of Dean Smith in Cardiff, the best referee in the league by a country mile. Everybody makes mistakes but that wasn't one and the subsequent level of character assassination is despicable. Sour grapes from Belfast. EIHL, grow some balls and charge them. Well done Devils, 3 points out of 4 in Belfast takes some doing.

jimmy snels

fried egg said:
On the highlights it's clear to see that the puck was going wide of goal and deflected in off Keffe possibly Richardson.Right call.
Clear as day. I hope apologises are made to dean smith who has made the correct call

WheresWally said:
fried egg said:
On the highlights it's clear to see that the puck was going wide of goal and deflected in off Keffe possibly Richardson.Right call.
on highlights its clear, the puck was going wide and hit Richardson
but then again at the end of the day be it a right or wrong call, it wont change the result, and Devils took a deserved win

august04

WheresWally said:
fried egg said:
on highlights its clear, the puck was going wide and hit Richardson
That's irrelevant anyway. It's a 2 minute penalty if he continues to play. By skating to the bench, straight in front of Bowns while the Giants are in the offensive zone, screening the shot, colliding with Richardson and possibly deflecting the puck into the net (even if not he's still effecting the play) - then that has to be continuing to play. There were other routes off the ice if he didn't want to be seen to continue to play and Keefe is a streetwise player. Trouble for him is this time he got caught, which resulted in a disallowed goal and a powerplay for the Devils. Absolutely, 100% the correct call by Smith.

Mooney#16

Goal or not if Keefe is returning to the bench and collides with Ritchie who is not in possession of the puck that then falls into the category for an interference penalty. If you are not involved in the play you cannot effect the play or defecto commit a penalty offence as that then means you were in play. It's not a goal as the play was theoretically dead as soon as Keefe touched Ritchie. The penalty was correctly called as illegal equipment but could have been interference.

In the heat of the moment Belfast have clearly got the hump but Dean got the call right. I'm afraid technically to the rules they've no leg to stand on. Keefe might feel hard done by but he has to ensure he doesn't commit any action that could be considered as in play.

As for the comments. The league has no power to sanction effectively but it would be nice if Walser and Keefe as Coach and Captain were publicly reprimanded and reminded of they're conduct. When Dean stuffed up the overtime he was man enough to front up and admit it and apologise. Some similar spine shown by Walser and Keefe would go along way once they've calmed down and acknowledged they are wrong.

DevilDom

WheresWally said:
DevilDom said:
Earnie said:
Irrelevant he interfered with Richardson on the play and apparently according to your Simon Kitchen (the guy who commentates on your webcast) who has seen the replay from behind the net the puck deflects off Keefe. He has been big enough to admit he was wrong on the night with his constant slating of Smith, I wonder if your coach and captain will do the same.

I think you'll find its not me being blinkered.