Devils @ Giants - November 2nd & 3rd - Chat / Updates

Ocko

Chris Carpenter, have you ever worn a pair of hockey gloves? If so please explain to me how there can be a legitimate gouging call?

Wannabe2

Well Darnell didnt seem over concerned with that did he, it wash a face wash to me, on a brighter note good quality pictures from the O.

Ocko

I've never been to the O but it looks a great venue. The crowd looked awful though, is it usually 3/4 empty? I always thought Belfast had a decent following, hence the humungous budget because that ice can't come cheap.

Ocko said:
Chris Carpenter, have you ever worn a pair of hockey gloves? If so please explain to me how there can be a legitimate gouging call?
Played the sport at junior, rec and uni level then managed a club at high level. I know enough about equipment to know that you can attempt to gouge eyes while gloved. It's not all that difficult, though realistically you'll never be able to get 'behind' the eyeball and take out an eye (like you may see in rugby for example). I believe that's why the official call on these incidents is 'attempted eye gouging' like Campbell got against Dundee last month.

Ocko said:
I've never been to the O but it looks a great venue. The crowd looked awful though, is it usually 3/4 empty? I always thought Belfast had a decent following, hence the humungous budget because that ice can't come cheap.
Over 4000 there. The giants are now owned by the Odessey arena ergo the people who hire out the venue, so I'm led to believe hire cost are greatly reduced.

Sheincar

Ocko said:
The venue is great. I find the crowd strange as those in the block next to the away block spend their time watching the away fans rather than the game.

Ocko said:
About 4k plus there. Average usually just above the 4k mark. So not too shabby, we do sell it out from time to time.

And yeah, we are owed by the arena, so doubt they are charging themselves too much there.

Seems pretty clear from the video. Even if he isn't going to cause serious damage with a glove, the intent shows he has a screw loose as there seemed no reason to do that. I'd have thought 10 games but if devils have any sense, he would have already been sacked by then. Maybe bring back the head of player development to play a few games to cover?

Temme

I hope Hanson bans him for long enough that Pope gasses him.
If he gets a 3-4 game ban and comes back then I fear for his next offence, which could see us in a Hull like situation after Derek Campbell's incident.

Please please please get shot of him before the ban is announced. :|

BostonBart22

Temme said:
If he gets a 3-4 game ban and comes back then I fear for his next offence, which could see us in a Hull like situation after Derek Campbell's incident.

why get rid of an import, devils wont replace him, falling attendances will see to that.

kettdevil1

BostonBart22 said:
Temme said:

why get rid of an import, devils wont replace him, falling attendances will see to that.
Have attendances been falling? I thought they had been pretty healthy.....

ASHIPP

Be interesting to see the Club's reaction if Conboy is given a lengthy-ish ban. No use to the team being off the ice yet again.Such a shame because Andrew is a good player, makes contribution on ice and is a fan favorite for many.

Catch 22 situation- does the Club tolerate lengthy absences which puts additional pressure on the team to play shortbenched? Do they look for a replacement and release him? Club have already said there will be no more changes (except new defenceman)........and again this will involve more expenditure they may want to avoid.

All depends how serious they are when they say the Club is 'hugely ambitious'.