Devils @ Hull - Saturday 16th Feb - F/O 6:30pm, Chat/Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

You can check out our game preview in the run up to this game here

As usual we'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl Join us from 5:30 for build up to the game and Face Off @ 6:30pm

Ger-Devils will be hosting this one. As always you can reach us before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com or on the Inferno Twitter account @theInfernoCoUk

Earnie

Re: Devils @ Hull - Saturday 16th Feb - F/O 6:30pm, Chat/Upd

Silverthorn will be serving a rather unusual match ban for this one.

Finny

It's the "Instigator in last two minutes of a game" rule. The one they adapted after we had several players banned for a Sheffield game after they fought in the final minute against Hull a couple of seasons ago.

Ocko

Max injured from a big hit. Brilliant.

Teams are completely taking the mick with us because they know we have no one willing to stand up for this team. It's embarrassing now.

Adams has got the make up of this team completely wrong this year. No proper tough guy signed and we get bullied all year, resulting in players getting injured. I wouldnt blame our skilled guys for not wanting to come back at all.

Ger-Devils

Max was back out shortly after.

Um we had Deeds? We have Jesse?

Players want to come back

Ocko

Deeds was never an enforcer and would never be a number one guy on any team. He's an agitator who would not (and didnt) trouble a single tough guy in this league.

Regardless of whether he was back out, he still took a big hit that resulted him leaving the ice. He is a player we need to look after.

voth26

Ocko said:

Teams are completely taking the mick with us because they know we have no one willing to stand up for this team. It's embarrassing now.

Adams has got the make up of this team completely wrong this year. No proper tough guy signed and we get bullied all year, resulting in players getting injured. I wouldnt blame our skilled guys for not wanting to come back at all.
I agree we dont have an out and out tough guy but max can and will stand up for himself, also sometimes theres a thing called personel pride where you have to have a good look at yourself and think sod it im not having that and deal with the situtation yourself???

Ocko said:

According to mnl it was a fair check, they happen. I wouldn't want us to turn into a team who whines every time we're on the receiving end of a hit.

Definitely think everyone knows we havent got anyone to stand up for the team. So can just hit us off the ice. People along it upon themselves to stick up for team when they shouldn't be

Sheincar

Ingramator said:
Definitely think everyone knows we havent got anyone to stand up for the team. So can just hit us off the ice. People along it upon themselves to stick up for team when they shouldn't be
You what?

Sheincar said:
Ingramator said:
You what?
Sorry that was the autocorrect on the phone, people are having to put it upon themselves to stick up for the team when theyre not brought in for that. Think we just need that but of muscle in our team.

Ger-Devils

bluedevil said:
Ocko said:

According to mnl it was a fair check, they happen. I wouldn't want us to turn into a team who whines every time we're on the receiving end of a hit.
I'm posting what fans at the game from both teams have sent me- Spoke to Macky our kit man and said it was bad but no call. Wilson never been a great ref with us has he? Didn't he like calling Frank on the scottish trips quite often?

kettdevil1

Gutted that we list tonight but lots of encouraging performances by some if the blue collar players..... Chris Jones looked like a seasoned veteran and showed up many of his seniors and Piggot, Batch, Davies and Harding all gave 100%.

I hope that Maxi is ok, he took a massive hit and did not look right at all afterwards.... I am pretty sure that he didn't ice in the last period. Without him, we were really up against it, despite the effort we do lack a cutting edge.

Apart from those listed, I thought Marsh was immense tonight and both NMs deserved the praise they got.

Oh and Chris Blights shot was definitely in so I claim a point....

kettdevil1

Ger-Devils said:
bluedevil said:
Ocko said:

I'm posting what fans at the game from both teams have sent me- Spoke to Macky our kit man and said it was bad but no call. Wilson never been a great ref with us has he? Didn't he like calling Frank on the scottish trips quite often?
We actually thought Wilson had forgotten to record Take Me Out as he was letting a massive amount go and he was clearly in a hurry.....

I actually thought it was a good open ice hit but I would like to see a replay.

To be fair, none of Gimblett's three late penalties were controversial, just daft.

kettdevil1 said:
Gutted that we list tonight but lots of encouraging performances by some if the blue collar players..... Chris Jones looked like a seasoned veteran and showed up many of his seniors and Piggot, Batch, Davies and Harding all gave 100%.

I hope that Maxi is ok, he took a massive hit and did not look right at all afterwards.... I am pretty sure that he didn't ice in the last period. Without him, we were really up against it, despite the effort we do lack a cutting edge.

Apart from those listed, I thought Marsh was immense tonight and both NMs deserved the praise they got.

Oh and Chris Blights shot was definitely in so I claim a point....
Max hasn't been right since he returned from his ban and injury.

Hull have had your number this season. 4 out of 4 in the league against the bottom team is not good