Devils @ Hull Stingrays - Saturday Jan 24 - 6:30pm - Chat &

Skippy

Thread starter #1

This Saturday the Devils make the trip to Hull to take on the Stingrays.

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game, if we can as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Re: Devils @ Hull Stingrays - Saturday Jan 24 - 6:30pm - Cha

Still a few spaces left for our first trip of the season to the most versatile arena and the City of Culture

£27 Adults
£14 Kids
Discounted tickets
A visit to the famous Jazz Cafe
£4 All you can eat buffet lunch
£2 selected pints
£5 for 3 jagerbombs
Chip Spice
The return of bingo :RAWK
And all the fun of a Red Army Travel trip
:Banana :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana

Pickups are
9:00 Bay
9:30 Llanishen
10:00 Coldra

wildthing74

We are giving away free travel plus ticket to the semi in Coventry for 1 lucky winner worth £33. Few spaces left if anybody wants to jump on the Red Army Travel bus.

Hope all those who travelled up with Red Army Travel are having a good time?

2-1 down after 20 mins, Twitter and MNL texters suggesting the Devils have been pretty poor so far.. :evil:

Also available to people who haven't bought the stream apparently - I just went on, on the off chance and it's working for me! :pickle

Play like that when we're away to Braehead next month and we'll be embarrassed!!
That was tough to watch. ;:|

voth26

Sounds like it was an ugly road win, maybe not our usual standard but 2points is 2points. Hull clearly made things difficult for the devils, but we got through it. Safe travel to the guys and the red army faithfull

backrow

Hard work by Culli to steal the puck behind the net led to that winning goal in OT!

Very true, 2 points is two points. I have been very impressed with the team this season. just very frustrated with the number of turnovers and times that Hull were able to drive at Bowns uncontested. Safe journey back to all.

DevilDom

I only watched the final period and overtime but thought Hull played really well and made it difficult for us. Saying that I always felt we had the quality to win the game.

From what I watched Cullingan was excellent, Bowns too. Nice finish by Walton for the GWG and Red Army loud and proud!

kettdevil1

DevilDom said:
I only watched the final period and overtime but thought Hull played really well and made it difficult for us. Saying that I always felt we had the quality to win the game.

From what I watched Cullingan was excellent, Bowns too. Nice finish by Walton for the GWG and Red Army loud and proud!
Pretty much how I saw it...... Hull completely changed their tactics for this game and went with an aggressive forecheck and a plan to disrupt. Because of this it wasn't a pretty game to watch but it shows the spirit in this team that we managed to get the win despite not being at our best.

Full credit to Hull, they were diving in front of the puck constantly, niggling at us (helped by the ref having a day when he decides not to call anything) and generally being a pain. You always felt we would somehow get the win but have to do say the Rays certainly deserved a point.

Walton was a deserved MOM but credit also to Marsh who is playing some of the best hockey I have seen from him and Dr Piggott who filled in for CJ very effectively.

Slartibartfast

Lord commented that this was a much better Hull team than the one we played a few weeks ago. Would those who watched the match agree.

kettdevil1

Slartibartfast said:
Lord commented that this was a much better Hull team than the one we played a few weeks ago. Would those who watched the match agree.
Definitely, totally different approach, commitment and tactics. They deserved at least a point.

jimmy snels

A win is a win and every point counts. Well done to walton as well stepped up when needed there!

Have Hope#35

jimmy snels said:
A win is a win and every point counts. Well done to walton as well stepped up when needed there!
Agree... We'd have lost that game last season!