Devils live on Premier Sports

Finny

Anyone know of any places in town or the Cathedral Road area that are likely to show it?
I'm guessing most places will be showing Blackpool v Cardiff City

Diafol

Haven't Walkabout shown games in the past ?
O'Neills have Premier Sports for the GAA don't they ?

That's 2 possible options, I'll be in front of my TV with some cold cans :Banana

Has premier sports been any good this year? Figuring our whether to get it or just watch the webcast. Was great last year but I think I read some criticisms of it this year.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #8
It's pretty good actually, but it's seems to be fortnightly with live games only as opposed to showing clubs footage.

Diafol

I can't see me keeping Premier Sports when my special offer period runs out.
I thought there would be one EIHL game every week, same as last year, but one a fortnight just isn't enough to make it worth my while.

I have Gamecenter Live for the NHL which is the best £60 I spend all year, and can't say I've been mad for the few Champions League games I've seen so far.

Ocko

IMO Premier Sports has been a bit of a let down this year.

The games I've seen the camera work hasn't been at its best.
Commentary is ok, if a little cheesy, but if there is a Belfast game expect it to be like a Giants production for their fans. You will hear how amazing every player is individually, and how each and every one has a rocket of a shot.
Production quality can be poor, mic volume too low happens a lot.

The amount of games just doesn't make it worth it anymore, I will almost definitely cancel after this Friday as there are no more Devils matches until after January other than one home match, which I will be going to anyway. I'd prefer to save my 12 quid a month and buy two quality webcast from the likes of Coventry, Sheffield or Belfast and get to see the Devils play.

More games and a highlight/talk show are massively needed for this to be worth your money.

Tyke Devil

Nrm said:
Did anyone purchase a year pass using debit card? It says there may be an extra charge?
I received a letter a few weeks back saying I could pay upfront using the year pass or continue paying by DD. Thought I'd wait until the NHL season gets underway as this is the main reason I subscribe. EIHL is a bonus really.

What is the extra charge on top of year pass?

The annual pass is a decent saving on DD but as I had some issues with quite a few of my recordings failing last season I have decided to see if there is some improvement this year. If I keep getting failed recordings and there is a lack of EIHL games then I may just cancel. I have recently got a new Sky box though so that might help.

What I have noticed is that the failed recordings tend to be with certain US networks. The Canadian networks seem to be good...I often have problems with MSG though. They do repeat games quite a bit so more often than not I record it live and also the repeat.

Don't want to cancel as I love wathcing the NHL games. Guess I'll wait and see. Maybe Gamecentre Live is the way to go. Assume this is streamed to your computer and you can watch on the TV via HDMI cable? Do they have replays of the games if you don't want to watch at 2 in the morning?

Cheers,

TD

Diafol

The answer to both questions is yes. It's worth every penny IMO.

I used to watch it by hooking my laptop up to the TV via HDMI, but since I got a PS3 now watch it through that instead. The picture quality is superb, way better than Premier Sports.

I was wondering how to get around the blackouts since Tunlr packed in, but I recently discovered a fantastic add-on for XBMC called NHL On Demand.
I've been watching lots of preseason games on it by connecting my tablet to the TV, so I would assume it'll still be running for the regular season. As the name suggests, you can't watch live games but they are made available the following day.

Tyke Devil

Cheers Diafol.

I'll give Premier a couple of weeks grace when the NHL season starts and see what happens. Too many failed recordings and I will cancel. Very rare that I watch any game Live. More than happy with an on demand recording service.

Hmm...PS3? That would go down very well with Mini-Tyke Devil :lol:

Ta

TD

Nrm

Streaming isn't really an option for me with my max download speed being 3mbps at its best. I only manage to watch the devils stream because I ban all other devices from the internet and even then I get drops usually at the best bits.

Bare in mind that gamecentre live is not going to show any games that are on premier sports this year including playoff from 3rd round onwards.

danhall76 said:
Bare in mind that gamecentre live is not going to show any games that are on premier sports this year including playoff from 3rd round onwards.
Unless you configure your PS3 / Laptop via unblockus, costs around £2 a month but makes your ip address appear somewhere else. No blackouts and very easy to do.