Devils mascot

Pleximan

Thread starter #1
Not a regular poster, I thought I would just gauge some opinion on the Devils mascot.
Now I know Taz is a big hit with the kiddies as they find him lovable and cuddly but why can't the Devils mascot actually look like a Devil? What is Taz? A tomato? Strawberry? He certainly doesn't resemble a Devil, he definitely looks more like a strawberry in my opinion.
Looking around the league the Belfast Giants have a great looking mascot, Sheffield Steelers have Steelers Dan that looks very good, we have a smiling strawberry.

With Devils becoming so much more professional and with the move to the new arena just on the horizon, isn't it time that the Devils get a new mascot that actually is a Devil? Surely somewhere a Devil head can be obtained or manufactured? At present logo on the Devils jersey certainly is not represented by the mascot. We have a smiling strawberry.

Can't it be a Devil? Just a thought.

I disagree, politely of course. I think taz is great fun, maybe the costume is a little beat up but I like it. It has a certain charm. I feel like we are in a good position as a team if a fans main concern is the ambiguity of the mascot. And also, what's wrong with a grinning strawberry? I know that's not what taz is but if taz was a strawberry, I wouldn't mind! :D

Finny

Surely a mascot has to be appealing to young children?

Taz looks playful and cuddly. A proper Devil would scare them away.

Which Scottish football team was it that created a horrifying mascot recently?

Pleximan

Thread starter #7
Ah yes it was certainly Partick Thistle FC that created a truly horrific mascot, there must be some Scottish children still having nightmares over it!
I do agree the kiddies love Taz and that's fine but surely the mascot can look a bit more like a Devil?
How about something like The Count from Sesame Street? Now I know he's a vampire but surely with a bit of imagination we could get a Devil to be friendly and cuddly like The Count that the kids will love and yet it looks like a Devil?

:)

KaneDevils

:lol:

I know, there's bugger all wrong with it. Looks more like a devil than a strawberry to me! Maybe pleximan needs some windowlene. :lol:

rocketbob

I am an adult (by age at least) and I think Taz is really good. But we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

We are all have the right to our opinion but we also have the responsibility to use it correctly.
I'm sure Pleximan feels as though his right and responsibility has been used correctly but maybe it would have been more appropriately used down the pub...

Personally I love Taz and he does an awesome job every week no matter what.

Me thinks people should lighten up

I have to say I agree with pleximan. A mascot is not some after thought which is divorced in some way from a professional sports team. It is representational of it and should embody the professionalism of that team. Sadly Taz is a throwback to a time not so long ago when we didnt have any money. Similar to players, an upgrade is needed to truly reflect our organisation. In that way, I think some of you have missed the point.

KaneDevils

How would you upgrade the mascot? If he's a hit with the kiddies then no such upgrade is required. Some have missed the point? What point are you making? You want the organisation to spend more money on an upgraded mascot?

The world really has gone mad.