Devils New Media Executive - things looking up?

The_Stick_

Thread starter #1
What’s everyone’s opinions on the new media guy? It’s definitely something we needed improving on, and the new guy looks promising. Lots of fans seemed happy with him joining so he definitely seems popular amongst the devils community. Hopefully he can mix things up and make a big difference, I do feel like our online presence and media have been severely lacking as of late. Not sure if it’s just me but everything just feels bland and boring. At the very least, a new member of staff is definitely a step in the right direction, more superb management by the club always looking to improve. What do we all think?

moggy#9

The club had to wind down a bit through covid to save money, but this is certainly a sign that things are on the up. Fie did an excellent job and will be a hard act to follow. I'd have thought though that a marketing executive would be more about getting sponsors etc than about publicity. Would that not be a press officer?

pjj365

Marketing is the promotion and selling of product which I guess can incorporate working with sponsors to take a higher profile.

It can encompass a press officer type role but also social media, advertising, researching the market to make sure the product is right, down to cost/ benefit analysis of initiatives (e.g. £10 pre season tickets) So a bit more than Fie but I can't see him taking over from Todd in getting sponsors.

Some of Joe's work on Twitter over the years has been pretty good in terms of promoting the Devils profile to fans but no doubt this will now expand to new markets

moggy#9

Marketing is the promotion and selling of product which I guess can incorporate working with sponsors to take a higher profile.

It can encompass a press officer type role but also social media, advertising, researching the market to make sure the product is right, down to cost/ benefit analysis of initiatives (e.g. £10 pre season tickets) So a bit more than Fie but I can't see him taking over from Todd in getting sponsors.

Some of Joe's work on Twitter over the years has been pretty good in terms of promoting the Devils profile to fans but no doubt this will now expand to new markets
There will certainly be a lot of work around the continental cup.