Devils @ Panthers - 19th December 2015 - Chat / Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil_Abroad

KaneDevils said:
Just been watching the incident again. Its not the worst hit Ive ever seen granted, but for me, definitely deliberate. Its more of a forearm to the head. How anyone can see that as an accident is beyond me, but then we all see things differently I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iScqFEzx1zc
What are you on about? Who said the hit was an accident?

Again. DOPS like all fans including me thought the hit was to the head. I personally thought 3 games would be the ban not 5. On appeal requested by the Devils it was found the hit was to the shoulder.

The hit was intended but as a fair hit and therefore no malice intended

A combination of the opposing player being low and off balance, Marsh in his follow through with a high arm raised, and the player being injured resulted in the ban being an extra game so 2 in total

Player was suspended and should have been the end of the matter. Unfortunately talk by fans, players, and coaching staff meant otherwise and we then witnessed the fight on Sat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DevilDom

May as well bash your head against a brick wall rather than try and put a logical viewpoint across in Marsh's defence.

Anybody would think it was an opposition fan trying to troll!

KaneDevils

KaneDevils said:
Here we go ...... :DWD

Say anything against a devil and you must be a trolling rival fan. Priceless!!
Read through the marsh banned for 5games thread, please. Must be lots of trolling rival fans on this forum!! :lol:

voth26

KaneDevils said:
voth26 said:
It could have also been frustration on marsh's part, given mosey cross checked him to the face/head area a few minutes earlier right in front of Hogarth who went to blow then decided against it??. I can't believe some of the comments posted on here by Devils fans saying marsh deserved the beating for such a cheap shot, not my words but the words of others. It seems people are more critical of marsh than they are of opposing players, I don't recall Lawrence getting this much crap when he continued punching Hudson while he was on the ice or come to that noble didn't have this much crap for taking out Hudson. And before the rose tinted glasses comment does the rounds, I don't wear them, I'm just amazed and if I'm honest disappointed that we direct this much crap at a Devils player.
Marsh was stupid for what he did. He could of injured the player badly, he also left us short benched for 5 games. (obviously the appeal changed that) The game was lost. We all knew Janssen wanted his blood and he got it, retribution for his team mate (in his eyes) We'd be praising a Devil if it were the other way around, no doubt about that! For me (and others) its been put to bed. Its been a good debate, with hardly any attacking, although (yet again) I'm getting silly PM's. :(
I think your right KD its had a good run, now time to concentrate on the xmas games with the blaze, well for me it is anyway

Agree it is time to put this thread to bed and move on. Surely the best way to end it is to go on and win the league and when Panthers come to Cardiff (BBT or not) for the last game of the regular season to have the trophy presented to Tyson Marsh with them looking on.

Status
Not open for further replies.