Devils sign Dan LaCosta as the netminder

Looks like we've picked up a young guy with bags of talent & with experience at the highest level. A 31 shot shutout in the NHL means he's obviously no slouch. As he wants to get back into pro hockey he may well have a point to prove and that hunger could mean he's a gem of a signing. Let Sheffield have Doyle, I think this guy is an upgrade. Well done to the coaching team

James

Administrator
J.B said:
Frank who?
What he said. The problem G and Franny had was any goalie was immediately going to be compared to Doyle. Looks like they have managed to trump that. Really very pleased and get the feel from that write up we have a goalie with something to prove rather than a goalie just looking for a degree.

wildthing74

Well what a massive boost and surely we are more than where we were at before we lost Doyle.
I was gutted when I heard we lost Doyle as I was starting to think we would challenge next year but worried a suitable replacement would be hard to find.Not many ex AHL or above make their way to this league so yet again they coaching staff hàve pulled a rabbit out of the hat.
Two more to go and assuming Max and an offensive d man we can be more than happy with the final roster.Bring on the season.

Koop11

On paper, this is arguably one of our biggest signings ever at Elite League level. In hockey your goalie is the most important player and we've signed a young guy with a huge amount of experience at a high level.

This off season has just gone up a level. I cannot wait for the new season to start!

Dan and Katie - congratulation on your recent wedding and welcome to Cardiff.

Have Hope#35

I find it quite amusing that the change in course that meant Doyle no longer wanted to join us is the reason that LaCosta turned down an American League Contract to come to us!
Very impressive signing, this season should be special :RAWK

Congratulations to the club on this signing following on from the dissappointment of Doyle, it looks like it may be an exciting season, just hope the finances are in place to maintain this roster for a whole season.

The fans and the coaching staff deserve some success

My only concern (and it is a little concern) is that this guy is that damn good and the big guys abroad come a calling. Would be hard for him to resist such a call and nobody would really begrudge him a chance to work back up to the level that he is obviously capable of.

Hope that G & F have a back up plan, we didn't have one last year when we were left in the lurch.

Gaz G

StevenBletsoe said:
My only concern (and it is a little concern) is that this guy is that damn good and the big guys abroad come a calling. Would be hard for him to resist such a call and nobody would really begrudge him a chance to work back up to the level that he is obviously capable of.

Hope that G & F have a back up plan, we didn't have one last year when we were left in the lurch.
Think him being on the uni course will stop him leaving.

James

Administrator
He's already refused an AHL contract to come here due to the course and family reasons so hopefully he won't go looking elsewhere once he's here.