Devils sign Doucet

Ocko

Massive signing that. It's not every day we are able to poach a quality player from the likes of Nottingham.

Chris

Administrator
Ocko said:
Massive signing that. It's not every day we are able to poach a quality player from the likes of Nottingham.
Pretty much this :)

Wonder who he's the replacement for though? Perhaps Walton with the PR describing him as a sniper?

A

Anonymous

Il keep getting banned but il keep coming bac. Chris send me a pic of what u look like coz me n u will ggo centre ice as u r pissing me off now deleting all my accounts

A

Anonymous

I made a mistake once won't be happening again I miss the forum but when I say I know something I know it don't b jealous

James

Administrator
Doucet4 said:
Il keep getting banned but il keep coming bac. Chris send me a pic of what u look like coz me n u will ggo centre ice as u r pissing me off now deleting all my accounts
We don't ban accounts lightly and have banned very few. If you wish to come back and post, please demonstrate you have learnt a lesson. Threatening mods is not a way to do this.

Wannabe2

This club just gets better and better, God how happy we're we all last season, the new season is going to be even better.
Happy Hockey Days.

Devil94

Don't signings traditionally get better as the off-season progresses? Can't wait to see who's to come! Two of the top talents in EIHL already signed up, and it's only May.

ASHIPP

Wow just wow. What a quality signing. Well worth the wait. A fantastic coup and hopefully we will see his natural sniping abilities on a settled line next season.

Clever and classy PR approach by the club....all understated and without warning when least expected. Makes Simms' and Steelers' ott build up look a bit daft.

Absolutely thrilled with this signing! A real statement of intent by the club, and one of the players from around the league that has always been on my wishlist (since he put 4 past us playing for Hull) - I'm not sure how the rest of the off season is going to go, but these first two announcements will take some beating!

As a side note, all the positive press from last seasons players (and players just signed) is absolutely fantastic. Ridiculous amounts of praise have been heaped on the owners, team, management and fans by last seasons team, and it seems a lot of players are taking note! ...Echoes from inside the club suggest that we really are the team to play for in the UK right now and I have never been so excited to see how our team will shape up!

...would just like to see some of our brits tied up now, as a few surprises have happened so far (Boxill, D Phillips)

And not that I would ever give Lord/Franny recruitment advice, but...
How exciting would this line look:

Salters/Biz - Culligan - Doucet
(although I think we may be waiting just one more season for Biz)

drainage

ASHIPP said:
Wow just wow. What a quality signing. Well worth the wait. A fantastic coup and hopefully we will see his natural sniping abilities on a settled line next season.

Clever and classy PR approach by the club....all understated and without warning when least expected. Makes Simms' and Steelers' ott build up look a bit daft.

My comments exactly when I saw the announcement subtle classy and not a whoop go us sentence in sight!

Koop11

This is a great signing. We’ve been blessed with some quality power forwards and two way centre men in recent years but I never feel we had an out and out poacher in front on net, not since Pelle at least. Doucet is that guy. He will add some huge offensive power to the team.

The most encouraging thing about this signing is the statement of intent. We are taking players away from the ‘big’ clubs. Something that hasn’t happened for many years.

Welcome to Cardiff Mr Doucet. Well done to Lord and co for making this signing happen.

This is a major signing, have to pinch myself to make sure this is happening at our club. This guy is a point a game player and will be our Roy, without the theatricals. Doucet will also take the pressure off Joey which will frightening to see the results of.

I can see at least one new face coming in who will be a marquee signing who I believe will match the pysical presense of Westgarth who intimidated teams towards the end of last season.

Devil94

Devil May Care said:
This is a major signing, have to pinch myself to make sure this is happening at our club. This guy is a point a game player and will be our Roy, without the theatricals. Doucet will also take the pressure off Joey which will frightening to see the results of.

I can see at least one new face coming in who will be a marquee signing who I believe will match the pysical presense of Westgarth who intimidated teams towards the end of last season.
I think we will see quite a few new faces actually, more than people think.