Devils sign Sam Smith

Rempel16

Glad to see Sam return, good player and still learning all the time. Made that 9th forward spot his own and i'm looking forward to watching him develop further.

Really pleased about this. Watching him develop next year, considering the the start to his professional career that he had last season, should be very very interesting

jimmy snels

a good signing :) its an interesting read with regards to the re-signing of players to. for me they left out one player they havent offered anything to and thats mr weller :?: but i have heard a rumour that an offer has been made and if he cant get an NHL contract its always there for him........ :twisted:

ASHIPP

Welcome back Sam. Very pleased with this signing........he is 'Young British Player of the Year' afterall. :D Sam's experience in North America made it so much more comfortable for him to step up to Elite League hockey in the UK. A strong, gritty player with a relentless work ethic. Sam had a fantastic year....on a fantastic line. :cool: I am so hoping they will be be playing together next season. :?
Sam is at the forefront of the future development for British players at Cardiff Devils senior level .....let's hope he is with us for a long time. :cool:

Very good to see Sam back, thought he was fantastic this season. However after reading G's thoughts on where we stand on players re-signing, I'm not too confident about hill coming back. All the others seem positive but the way the hill bit was written seems to suggest he may be looking elsewhere next season

Good signing.

Not to happy with G being back on the Ice next season. I would have rather used his slot for a new face to come in.

I think Hill will be signed after his GB duty. I guess he just wants some time to enjoy the break before signing.

Be great to see the Smith's back aswell as Tylor, Pelle and Stuuuu

rocketbob

Great to see Sam back. He had an amazing season last year and will only improve with experience.

Lets hope we can get Jon, Stuuuuuuu, Brad, Tylor, Mark, Max, Kenton, Brad, Tim, and Alex all signed up for next year too.

ASHIPP

Be nice to see the press release of Sam's signing appear on the Elite League website later today......come on Devils' office. Let's promote this good news. :D
The Steelers' press releases seem to appear very quickly - it will make such a pleasant change to see something about our team on there this week. :?

DevilDom

samidevils said:
http://cardiffdevils.com/news/sam-smith-rejoins-devils/
Pleased we have Sam back, hopefully he can move on again from this year. Overall, that's a really good article and it's reassuring to hear we have spoken to most people who haven't confirmed they are leaving.

IMO the 3 key signings to tie up are Pelle, Stu and Tylor. It would also be nice to get Hill sorted out too as that would be the core of our brits done. Hopefully these will be sorted in the next few weeks and we can then enjoy the speculation over the last few places on the roster over the summer!

Absolutely brilliant news. Good decision made by the people who matter. Hopefully he'll stay at Cardiff for many years to come... he's gonna be dangerous to play against in future seasons!!

Sam has to be one of GB's best prospects for years to come and i think that our set up here is ideal for the kid to become the full article! in 3 years time he truely will be a force to be reckoned with and i think G realises this and wishes to harness his abilities further next year! Great signing and seems like good progress is being made with other key guys! Oh the joys of summer signing's.....

ASHIPP

Come on Devils' office - please get that article about OUR important young player signing onto the Elite League website. :twisted:
Anyone else fed up with the Steelers' media saturation on that website.......read the articles, it's virtually a ridiculous love-in up there! :lol: :lol:

What i find most bizarre is the echo's publishing of steelers stories that none of us could really give two hoots about yet Sam Smith re-signs and..... nothing :? :roll:

ASHIPP said:
Come on Devils' office - please get that article about OUR important young player signing onto the Elite League website. :twisted:
Anyone else fed up with the Steelers' media saturation on that website.......read the articles, it's virtually a ridiculous love-in up there! :lol: :lol:

same backoffice isn't it :eek: