Devils v Clan - 11/09 @ 18:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Enjoyable game last night.

Bordy is definitely going to be a big presence - I liked seeing the way he interacted with the rest of the players, seems like a great time guy. I think he's a little rusty (as expected) and was almost trying too hard to impress and make some big hits - but that's a good thing, because it means he wants to be here and give it all! I'm sure things will come naturally over the next couple of games once he gets his legs back.

I thought in general the only thing Braehead did better than us last night was finish their checks / forecheck. Few big hits from Cowick, MacKenzie and others.

Thought Louis was a little quiet physically although solid defensively which is his number 1 job!

Looking forward to seeing Bordy up and running at 100%.
Loved how he stayed on the bench after the game and gave all the players a fist bump as they headed toward the dressing room, same goes for goals scored.
He was looking for some big hits but is just a second or so away from landing them, what was interesting to see though is he obviously has a presence as when he was looking for these hits, no one from the clan reacted, it was more of a ' oh thank god he missed ' rather than a stern telling off/warning.

Mooney#16

These are the things the statistical analysts and all their pie and bar charts don't get.

How do you measure a guys presence. So he fluffed some passes and zone clearances. He tried a deke when should have shot. Looks terrible on a graph. But Breahead D men rushing plays to get there heads up because they knew he was out there. Players thinking twice about cheap shots because they know they'd start a war with a bigger dog. D men shouting at partners for hospital passes ( oh that one made me laugh. He was pissed off). Pure intimidation without even having to fight. You can't measure that on a graph. Bordy is and will be an essential part of this team. The scorers scored. The hitters hit. Job done.

Finny

Mooney#16 said:
These are the things the statistical analysts and all their pie and bar charts don't get.

How do you measure a guys presence. So he fluffed some passes and zone clearances. He tried a deke when should have shot. Looks terrible on a graph. But Breahead D men rushing plays to get there heads up because they knew he was out there. Players thinking twice about cheap shots because they know they'd start a war with a bigger dog. D men shouting at partners for hospital passes ( oh that one made me laugh. He was pissed off). Pure intimidation without even having to fight. You can't measure that on a graph. Bordy is and will be an essential part of this team. The scorers scored. The hitters hit. Job done.
Precisely.

Braehead were supposed to be the big tough guys of the league. We were expecting all out war last night.
But we didn't. You could see that the Clan players always had one eye on whether Bordeleau was on the ice and if he was going to hit him. No cheap-shotting. No real rough stuff.
Job done. And he's only been here a couple of days.

august04

An interesting interview with Lord. Sounds like someone has been stirring the pot! I wondered what the problem with Rosehill was after the game - it seems he thinks Lord tried to cancel his visa, which Lord flatly denies.

Wannabe2

This team certainly looks like it's going to be a joy to watch, so much talent out there it's unbelievable. The chemistry is now coming together,we look so good in all departments,as others have mentioned, some great displays by guys last night, but I would like to add I thought Layne Ulmer was a pure joy to watch, along with many others. Same again please Devils.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Enjoyed the game immensely. The entrance video gave some lovely nostalgia and then gave us the best from previous entrances to get the crowd going. Was in the toilets during the handshakes (my girls never want to miss the Bownsey wave) so missed what happened with Hendrixx but could hear the "Devils reject" chants. Game wise - we need to keep playing like that and we'll be okay this year.

osh

A good home start for our first league game. A lot of hype going into this game - most of it revolving around The Lord/Hendrikx saga - and the general toughness of the Clan team. My own take on the Hendrikx behaviour last night from his perspective was ok you've had your differences with Lord, get it over with as soon as possible and then get on with the game and show how much they will miss me in Cardiff. However, it didn't quite go the way he wanted, especially the adds penalty minutes which cost his team dearly and affected him for the rest of the night. That should have been the end of it, but oh no, big Trev wasn't man enough to leave it there and shake hands, he still has that huge chip on his shoulder and he lost a lot of respect amongst Cardiff fans last night, fans who in the past have held him in high esteem for his willingness to go into battle for the club. Fair play to the referee for getting that decision on penalty minutes 100% correct, he and his linesmen had a good game overall. Rosehill was never going to fight due to his injury, but he put in a few hits that needed sorting out and under normal circumstances would have been challenged by the likes of Bordeleau.

Foxy

august04 said:
An interesting interview with Lord. Sounds like someone has been stirring the pot! I wondered what the problem with Rosehill was after the game - it seems he thinks Lord tried to cancel his visa, which Lord flatly denies.
Agree

If its a fan stirring then they have to stop now. It not doing the club any favours.

Teams change and we've also changed different sized ice pads. Hendrix was a good fit for BBT not so good for IAW. Fan favourite yes but we've moved on. Thanks for the memories but he now plays for Braehead............

Superb performance from our boys last night with some really pretty goals. Everyone to a man played their part, special mention for me goes to Bentivoglio. I thought he was brilliant all game

Great to see our new barn almost full, really good atmosphere.

Really enjoyed the intro and the entertainment between periods. I managed to get my dad along to this game, his first in about 22 years!! He loved it and is already eyeing up a Panthers/ Steelers game in the next couple of months

The only negative for me was the infantile antics of Hendrikx. Just totally wrong on all levels. Any fondness that Devils fans had for the guy is now gone, talk about burning bridges. The biggest thing for me though was his complete disregard for his new employer. He was captain last night and goes and does that in the first minute. What a complete tool!!

Whatever happened in the offseason makes no difference, players get cut in North America all the time, it's nothing new . I really feel for Lordo. Not only is his job insanely difficult, now he has to deal with idiots wanting to take his head off because of a decision that was made in the best interests of the club . It's a business at the end of the day and we all want to see the Devils progress . End of story

bdevil

Just listened to post game interview with Finnerty. He defends Hendrikx saying he liked his energy and they didn't think it was an instigator.. Is he deluded?