Devils v Flyers - Sun 4 Jan 2014 - Updates/Chat

Thread starter #1
We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game, if we can as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com.

jimmy snels

Lots more seats available tonight. Perhaps the xmas spend is catching up?

I can see us bringing an intensity early doors flyers won't like or cope with and nickerson thrown out. Devils 5-2 for me

Well Nickerson won't have the chance to get thrown out. Banned for 3 games. Actually gutted as would love to have seen Hendricx and Nickerson exchange words :)

kettdevil1

benh84 said:
Well Nickerson won't have the chance to get thrown out. Banned for 3 games. Actually gutted as would love to have seen Hendricx and Nickerson exchange words :)
Yep, disappointed as well, for all his faults he can spark a game and wiout him, Fife often feel very flat.

Ger-Devils

Around 600 left for the game with standing- Not too bad really but still think we will be close to 2000 or more before faceoff.

Shame Nickerson isn't playing but he's probably missed about 10 games with bans this year- Not great for a team who need him to spark them as their captain is still out injured and no return date confirmed.

Have Hope#35

Ger-Devils said:
Around 600 left for the game with standing- Not too bad really but still think we will be close to 2000 or more before faceoff.

Shame Nickerson isn't playing but he's probably missed about 10 games with bans this year- Not great for a team who need him to spark them as their captain is still out injured and no return date confirmed.
As much as I would have liked to see Nickerson play, it probably helps our boys... With a tough month ahead of us Nickerson not playing will help us avoid possible injuries/suspensions!

Ger-Devils

Have Hope#35 said:
Ger-Devils said:

As much as I would have liked to see Nickerson play, it probably helps our boys... With a tough month ahead of us Nickerson not playing will help us avoid possible injuries/suspensions!
Very true. It's a very tough month for us and come Feb 6th, we can see if we're still in with a chance of the league. What a turnaround from last year.

Well its just no fair..we're down top forward and enforcer...Braehead skate around decapitating folk and the DOPS turn a blind eye or worse are in the Black pocket..
Cant see us beating you know..but hears hoping.

Gough60

:WALLY :WALLY :WALLY
Don't forget to factor in the road trip, weather is warmer down
here, oh and that we ARE better than you. :RAWK

Devil94

Yes shame that he isn't playing. Usually entertaining games against these lot. Fulton often plays up to, but can't see him doing it tonight without daddy Nickerson there to watch his back.

P.S: Will it be announced tonight to give a round of applause for the returning Jamie Milam.....?

Ffil06 said:
:WALLY :WALLY :WALLY
Don't forget to factor in the road trip, weather is warmer down
here, oh and that we ARE better than you. :RAWK
What an idiotic thing to say..we travelled down to the abyss yesterday..

Devil94 said:
Yes shame that he isn't playing. Usually entertaining games against these lot. Fulton often plays up to, but can't see him doing it tonight without daddy Nickerson there to watch his back.

P.S: Will it be announced tonight to give a round of applause for the returning Jamie Milam.....?
Hope not

Gough60

Amazepux you are far to easy to wind up.
I ain't an idiot, a hockey fan of the devils for far to many years,
but that doesn't equate to idiocy. Still think we will be singing-
"Can we play you every week" :lol:

Ocko

shoes_off said:
I can't wait to see Milam's bomb of a shot or his uncanny ability to 'quarterback a team's powerplay'.
Me neither! Maybe if he starts winding that bomb up now we might see it sometime in the next month or so!

bluedevil said:
Ocko said:
shoes_off said:
I can't wait to see Milam's bomb of a shot or his uncanny ability to 'quarterback a team's powerplay'.
Me neither! Maybe if he starts winding that bomb up now we might see it sometime in the next month or so!
HaHa...hes actually been solid for us after a slightly unfit start..hes had to anchor our D during the last few injury/suspension dogged weeks.. I can see hes a bit of a marmite type..dont know why Lord is listed as D man ..they must have given the details to DOPS!