Devils v Giants - 15/10 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

I am so angry. About the game and result, yes, but more so about the hand gestures of certain people at the front of block 4.

Spent the drive home with my children asking all sorts of questions about what the gestures meant. So much for being a family sport :x

Sheincar

Well Pierce has now seen the player he was brought in to replace & knows that he is a poor 2nd to Pelle. What really annoyed me was the fact that there was no physicality at all. Since when did Pelle become untouchable. We seemed scared to go anywhere near him.

I can accept losing if we go down fighting but we just seemed to rollover.

Wannabe2

This is one day to completely forget, cant wait for tomorrow to come. One team showing true hoil right to the end and so unlucky to lose, and another team showing how bad they really can be, no hoil no passion and tonight a waste of time. Roll on tomorrow.

Havent seen cardiff dominated so pyhsically at home like that for a while! loyd and Keefe owned our rink tonight. i dont know what kind of knock Vother is carrying but he SHOULD have stepped up to the plate tonight to send a message to belfast that if they throw hits there will be some comeback on them! thought Matzka and Max played their hearts out for the team as did Davies, richie and Dobben. Frank didnt have a bad game but was expecting him to be more of a pysical precence out there. Really do not like pierce at all! surre he is fast and has skill but he doesnt seem to be 100% in games he has little flashes here and there. In my opinion if changes are made to the team on tonight's performance i would have to say pierce would be first to go! Also What happend to Stu?

Remember the days when we had mike ware teams knew if they took libertys he would sort it, we no longer have that to hold over our opposition so they know they have freedom to do what they want. The game hull played against Belfast was closer due to Campbell going with Keefe and not letting them take the pee we just rolled over tonight and took it.

CochBombay said:
Havent seen cardiff dominated so pyhsically at home like that for a while! loyd and Keefe owned our rink tonight. i dont know what kind of knock Vother is carrying but he SHOULD have stepped up to the plate tonight to send a message to belfast that if they throw hits there will be some comeback on them! thought Matzka and Max played their hearts out for the team as did Davies, richie and Dobben. Frank didnt have a bad game but was expecting him to be more of a pysical precence out there. Really do not like pierce at all! surre he is fast and has skill but he doesnt seem to be 100% in games he has little flashes here and there. In my opinion if changes are made to the team on tonight's performance i would have to say pierce would be first to go! Also What happend to Stu?
I dont know how he has lasted this long. If i was Matzka or Max i would have paid for his flight home,

Fubar

rubbish, infact..absolute garbage! a few players should be asking themselves "why am i here?" . Standouts for me were Ben, Dobs, Scotty Maz and Max, but a quick question for Mr Finny. when was the last time we had our asses handed to us at 6-2 in the tent?

DevilDom

Well my patience is starting to wear a bit thin. Like people keep saying I can accept losing but losing blike that in our own barn and showing no pride or passion is not on at all. I felt really sorry for Max as he skated his heart out all night trying to spark the team and working his butt off but he was all too often the loan soldier. So many questions about the team at the moment. The balance of the lines is not right and the 1st line is the worst of the lot.

- Pierce is lazy and appears to be coasting through games thinking he can show little flashes of skill but not work for the team. I wonder what the terms of his contract are being on the MBA?
- Is Stu the right choice as captain? I can't imagine him being that vocal and he doesn't throw the big hits and do the things that might spark the team and the crowd when the chips are down?
- Whats up with Matzka? Did Pelle make him look better than he actually is?
- Whats the point in having a big physical team if you let other teams come into our rink and bully us?

Belfast are a very good team and I think they'll go on to win the league and possibly the lot. I've no problem losing to them but its the manner of the defeat which is so disappointing.

Fubar said:
quick question for Mr Finny. when was the last time we had our asses handed to us at 6-2 in the tent?
And what were the attendance figures for last years clashes with the Giants. Another night below the "break even" 1600.

Skippy

Just posted to twitter by the devils G to meet with Paul Ragan tommorow to discuss his options as a coach.

Could be a change is in motion ?

Like i said on Facebook Pelle or Pierce and who got the better deal? and it wasn't us, gutted that we couldn't hold onto Pelle after last seasons standings, we have to keep hold of our better players if we are ever to progress further, i personally hate Belfast as a a club but thats my opinion they always pick up other teams players British and import because they can't grow their own ****** me off

skippy said:
Just posted to twitter by the devils G to meet with Paul Ragan tommorow to discuss his options as a coach.

I'd imagine that's the case. Could be wrong but can't think of anything else he might be discussing.

G, if you go after Sir Tylor I'll happily swim to Sweden and carry him back!!

Max

Derby Devil said:
Fubar said:
quick question for Mr Finny. when was the last time we had our asses handed to us at 6-2 in the tent?
And what were the attendance figures for last years clashes with the Giants. Another night below the "break even" 1600.
Because people will still stay away (cutting their noses off to spite their face) ;)

Diafol

Fubar said:
rubbish, infact..absolute garbage! a few players should be asking themselves "why am i here?" . Standouts for me were Ben, Dobs, Scotty Maz and Max, but a quick question for Mr Finny. when was the last time we had our asses handed to us at 6-2 in the tent?
I knew Cov stuffed us 7-2 at the tent a while back, maybe I've just been trying to block it out of my mind like it never happened...

I don't think we have a game tomorrow ?
If I was G, then Sunday wouldn't be a day of rest for this lot.

It started quite well too - the first 5 minutes or so were quite intense and feisty.... shame about the other 55.
Considering most of the team played with Pelle last season you'd think they'd know how he operates. Obviously all that's been forgotten.

We need to play a much smarter game, surely over the last few years we've learned that you can't win matches with players constantly taking penalties ? The amount of goals we concede while short-handed is criminal.

Positives ? Max was great tonight I thought, he can be a bit frustrating at times but tonight he put himself about everywhere. A well deserved MoM for Ben too, but most of them need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Oh... and thank God I didn't gas Pelle from my fantasy team when he got injured :lol:

Re: Re: Devils v Giants - 15/10 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Upd

skippy said:

So what could this mean, g goes on the bench and brings new player in? Sorry for noob question

the placid casual said:
Derby Devil said:
Fubar said:
Because people will still stay away (cutting their noses off to spite their face) ;)
And you were the one that said come back, your missing an awesome team :lol:

Skippy

Re: Re: Re: Devils v Giants - 15/10 - 7:00pm - League - Chat

Ingramator said:
So what could this mean, g goes on the bench and brings new player in? Sorry for noob question
Your guess is as good as ours to be honest.

I hope G stays on the ice thou :)