Devils V Giants - 8th & 9th Novermber - Chat/Updates

DevilDom

KaneDevils said:
Point missed. You have a pop at others for trolling but it's ok to do it yourself. That's the point.

And finny, ipads don't have irony detectors.
You are obviously not intelligent enough to tell the difference between a joke and trolling.

I'm sure you could have an argument in an empty room.

Anyway, moving on - I think 2 points would be a good return from the weekend. Anything more a huge bonus, anything less will be disappointing.

Gough60

Still think fans need to put things into perspective.
At the start of season most would have been happy with a top 6 finish this year.
We have a team that are playing good, open, fast, tough hockey. Fans are packing BBT
week after week. The buzz is fantastic.
I belive we could be looking at top 5 even 4 if the team continues as they are.
That means finishing behind the likes of Giants, Steelers Panties. Any points from this weekend
will be fantastic.
This team (both on and off the ice), I belive WILL produce something for us this season.

jimmy snels

I think we have a team that is as good as the steelers and panthers if not better tho? I'll take the giants are loaded with talent but the others aint.

I also think this conference system is a joke as braehead are regularly going to get a huge advantage. They have the same size rink as our new one but play weaker teams regularly which I'd guess is worth about 12 more points than us at least before a puck is dropped

jimmy snels

Surely it must be looked at? I would actually like to see the challenge cup used as a conference cup with winners playing each other? And try to get more teams involved

DevilDom

jimmy snels said:
I think we have a team that is as good as the steelers and panthers if not better tho? I'll take the giants are loaded with talent but the others aint.

I also think this conference system is a joke as braehead are regularly going to get a huge advantage. They have the same size rink as our new one but play weaker teams regularly which I'd guess is worth about 12 more points than us at least before a puck is dropped
Hopefully if we get some more teams in the EIHL in the near future the Giants will move into a Northern conference (where Geographically they should be anyway) and we will have a better balance. At the moment the 3 big guns are in our conference and we are always going to struggle to compete with them an a regular basis. Just got to suck it up until then.

Gough60

Slightly off topic, but lets have the playoffs at a neutral venue.
The O2, Wembly, Manchester MEN.
JUST NOT NOTTINGHAM. :evil:

KaneDevils

Devils91! said:
We need to stop blaming refs! A good team will find a way to win SIMPLE!
Exactly my point. Too often on here it comes across as, if we win its because we're great but if we lose its the refs fault. We're talking about the ref potentially costing us a game some 8,9 hours before face off!

No DevilDom, your post was trolling, you might prefer to call it a joke. Perhaps it's a bit of both but definitely a troll comment. Nothing to do with a lack of intelligence. ;:|

voth26

Devils91! said:
We need to stop blaming refs! A good team will find a way to win SIMPLE!
Yes they will BUT, it's a lot easier when you score goals and they are actually awarded, and when goals that are not scored are NOT given!! :roll:

Sheincar

Ffil06 said:
Never going to happen. No ice plant in those venues is there?

Looking forward to two physical games of hockey, I think we will win tonight in the 'O' and tomorrow it's going to be hard in the BBT.

Might be a few fights this weekend. :)

Gough60

Sheincar said:
Ffil06 said:
Playoffs held at Wembly and MEN for years.
O2 hosted Ducks V Kings about 5 years ago.

Skippy

Thread starter #55
Have deleted a thread on swopping email addresses for the Giants web cast access.

Any further posts will also be deleted.

Mainly as we got moaned at in the past

Sheincar

Ffil06 said:
Sheincar said:
Ffil06 said:
Playoffs held at Wembly and MEN for years.
O2 hosted Ducks V Kings about 5 years ago.
Maybe playoffs were hosted at Wembley & MEN in the past BUT is the ice plant still there?

Devil94

Lots of creativity missing due to Joey Martin not playing. Lucky first goal but nothing less than we deserve. Need to get lots of shots on Dickson.