Devils V Giants - 8th & 9th Novermber - Chat/Updates

I was at the game I thought we had the majority of possession and usually were on the front foot going forward. A combination of individual errors, badly timed penalties and a general sense of frailty while defending meant that we never really had a platform to challenge for the points. We didn't start converting possession to changes until the final period and by then it was too late. Deserved win by Belfast who always looked dangerous on the counter attack.

ASHIPP

Judging from the inference in Garrett Zemlak's recent tweets you could be forgiven for thinking he will be on his way to Belfast.

Did a cracking job in goal during Murphy's serious injury 2 seasons ago. Could never understand why Braehead released him that season when it was recognised that their defence in general was poor.

James

Administrator
Garrett Zemlak ‏@GarrettZemlak 4:31 pm - 9 Nov 2014
I Stay Ready. @BelfastGiants @TheNotoriousMMA

Garrett Zemlak @GarrettZemlak · Nov 9
Failure is not an option for me. Success is all I Envision. @BelfastGiants

Not many quality NMs about to pick up at this stage of the season. However this guy is young, has posted some good stats and has played in the AHL. Its a signing that could turn out good for us, but we will have to see.

I fear thats Murphy out for the season.

James

Administrator
Re: Devils V Giants - 8th & 9th Novermber - Chat/Updates

Yes, they will have to lose an import outskater to ice their goalie. Won't be a problem at the moment as they are already short due to injuries. As for Murphy, he's had a groin injury before so it was always possible it would happen again. I suspect he'll be out for a couple of months but doubt he'll loose the season.

ASHIPP

However much we detest the Giants no-one likes to see a player out for a long time with injury. Murphy is outstanding and a big loss. I wish him well with his recovery.

Sheincar

From a post on THF

The Giants management received the results of the scan on Stephen Murphy today and the results aren't good for him.
He has a grade 3 tear of his groin which will probably need surgery and he is looking at more than 12 weeks of rehabilitation and conditioning.

Temme

Sad news for the Giants & Murphy - all the best to him on a speedy recovery.

However, as per Ray Emery at the Philadelphia Flyers, if you know a goalie has a groin weakness, you keep him moving post to post as much as is humanly possible!