Devils v Panthers - 08/01 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ is hosting this return leg and as always he can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com
We know that the Panthers are a team that will challenge for the league this year, but in addition to this we know that they are a team that looks to go down the Middle; I’m sure it was G who called them a “showboat” team? We also know that they will punish on the Power play but that they can also be goaded into indiscipline and made to suffer.
Skippy has put a game preview up on the main website, or if you don't want to check there, then click the following link... http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/weeke ... -panthers/

Chris.

Re: Devils v Panthers - 08/01 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updat

Sunday Lunch is back up and running tomorrow @The Pilot if anyone fancies it before tomorrow's game!!! Doing it on bookings only so let us know via here, email, twitter or phone if you fancy it

Happy New Year Red Army

Bec and Si

becandsi said:
Sunday Lunch is back up and running tomorrow @The Pilot if anyone fancies it before tomorrow's game!!! Doing it on bookings only so let us know via here, email, twitter or phone if you fancy it

Happy New Year Red Army

Bec and Si
I'll be down at some point today before the game with my boyfriends meal for two winnings from the Bingo thanks to the Red Army Travel!
:D

Shocked by the win last night - awesome result with imports missing - hopefully didn't take too much out of us before tonights game. Any idea's how many we have out tonight? Voth and Max definitely out, but apparently Matzka back - what about G and Frank?

Gaz G

Pretty sure G will play with a full mask. Dont know why Frank wouldn't be playing

E.D.S.

I think yesterdays game and our short bench could make this one a game too far. I fancy the Panties to take this one.

TheStub

Re: Re: Devils v Panthers - 08/01 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/U

E.D.S. said:
I think yesterdays game and our short bench could make this one a game too far. I fancy the Panties to take this one.
I think you may be right. We're looking tired out there.

Absolutely loving the highlights being shown on twitter during the game, that's a top notch service!

kettdevil1

nmase20 said:
Absolutely loving the highlights being shown on twitter during the game, that's a top notch service!
Totally agree, absolutely superb idea. Is this the first game where this has happened? Haven't noticed it before.

TheStub

Short bench caught up with us.

Someone needs to destroy DAB.

To be honest I was expecting a lose tonight after last night and the short bench, was always going to be a tough game. I think the boys can be proud of themselves this weekend, 2 points out of 4 against a top panthers team is always a good result.

kettdevil1 - No tonight is definitely the first time the highlights have been done on twitter, and long may they continue.
I think its a genius move by whoever came up with it, much more cost effective than running a live feed when budgets are tight. The replays are made already for the game so why not whack them on twitter. Hats off to you devils!

Frustrated by tonight's game yet kinda expected it. We gave it our all in the 1st period and it fell from there, it's probably from tiredness. I did love G and Stu's effort on the ice tonight, 100% from them!
Hats off to the fans who kept cheering throughout the night and also to whoever came up with the idea of posting replays on twitter.
Starting to get fed up of fans being so negative at games too. The Steelers CC semi final decider game and last night fans need to be cheering all the time no matter what.

First two periods were pretty even but to be fair to the Panthers they powered through in the third. The second Panties goal was coming, Lyle was making some great saves. Pierce is so frustrating, he was dancing through the defence beautifully on a number of occassions only to shoot well wide. Still, good effort this weekend it must be said.

brilliant effort off the team tonight even tho we were short benched. only negative ive got is i thought our powerplay was poor, i know we scored from a pp, but in my opinion i dont think we shoot enough at goal. we had a 5 on 3 for about a minute and 45 secs and we tried to create the perfect goal but it just never happened and it showed when all the crowd were screaming to shoot it then puts pressure on the players to rush the play a bit.

jenksboy13 said:
brilliant effort off the team tonight even tho we were short benched. only negative ive got is i thought our powerplay was poor, i know we scored from a pp, but in my opinion i dont think we shoot enough at goal. we had a 5 on 3 for about a minute and 45 secs and we tried to create the perfect goal but it just never happened and it showed when all the crowd were screaming to shoot it then puts pressure on the players to rush the play a bit.
Agree about the powerplay, that 5 on 3 was the key point of the game

jenksboy13 said:
My thoughts exactly, it's frustrating to watch when they play their pp like that but I guess they are trying to pick out that perfect timing. Think the pp is their weakest points mostly.

Ger-Devils

Disappointing result in the end. Tough call pulling Lyle.

Up to the 3rd, we played well but some bad bounces and mistakes cost us. I feel we didn't take our chances enough.

jimmy snels

if G hadnt missed an open netter we might be talking about a deferent result :(

TheStub

My annoyance with the Power Play is the indecision. We neither shoot or pass.

I hate to see wasted shots. I'd rather see 2 or 3 quality shots created from good puck movement. What we too often see is them sit on the puck and give the other team time to adjust. We need to be moving the puck quickly, spread the defense and take a high quality shot. Recycle the puck and do the same again.