Devils v Panthers - 08/01 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

jimmy snels

Re: Devils v Panthers - 08/01 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updat

Wannabe2 said:
Dont think so some how.
at 2-1 matzka played a perfect pass across the goal n G missed it, i think we wouldnt have chased so hard and lost 2 other goals and probs would have got a point, it was unlucky but a key moment. our PP was awful but pierce was a live wire again and stuuuu ben and burrows played well. actually quite enjoyed the game tonight despite the loss just wish we could work on the PP so its actually a dangerous situation :(

I think after the previous five periods playing shortbenched this weekend, we wouldn't have been able to withstand the inevitable onslaught from the Panthers.

I'm not taking anything away from the team as that was probably the grittiest and hardworking 120 minutes I've seen from the team.

could have won in belfast, should have won in coventry, did win in nottingham, tonight was a step too far for the boys, too many players out for various reasons and the horrendous traveling was just too much in the end. to have to go to notts sat 3 imports down and win was stunning to say the least and then to take them on again 24 hours later 2 imports down was allways gunna be tuff. thay bust a gut and shed blood for the shirt , we can not ask for more, deserved rest for the team me thinks and hope vother and max return soon ( when 100% fit ) i thank you. :D

redtilldead said:
could have won in belfast, should have won in coventry, did win in nottingham, tonight was a step too far for the boys, too many players out for various reasons and the horrendous traveling was just too much in the end. to have to go to notts sat 3 imports down and win was stunning to say the least and then to take them on again 24 hours later 2 imports down was allways gunna be tuff. thay bust a gut and shed blood for the shirt , we can not ask for more, deserved rest for the team me thinks and hope vother and max return soon ( when 100% fit ) i thank you. :D
I like you! Haha
I agree, if we hadn't suffered with injury like we have done this season we would have been up there in the table. We're doing so well considering and even more so now Vanderveekan has joined who has already got a few points in the games he has played with us.
Let's just concentrate on this CC and then get the wins in the second half of this season.

RED ARMY!

wot a weekend for phil hill really like him playing with stu and jeff really stood out over the weekend. pp needs more work even though im sure we scored 3 over the weekend still a bit frustrating get frank back in front of the net on the pp.great weekend no one can say they expected any points off the panthers with devils imports down so 2 points will do very nice great job guys.

ASHIPP

After truly awesome heroics in Nottingham, a very short-bench and obvious exhaustion took its toll on the Devils. Played with guts and deserved so much more than that result. :evil:

Clearly exhausted, they did very well to stay in touch with the Panthers all game, and, for large parts of p1 and p2, were clearly the better team. However, tiredness, a few mistakes and not converting early chances really sealed this game for the Devils. Panthers took 2 points but the Devils unfortunately beat themselves last night.

Defence were excellent, particularly Richie, Kenton and Stevie who were outstanding. Phil had a great all-round game again.

Observations:
1. 9 pp opportunities and could not convert. :evil: These were the optimium chances to get ahead. Got to say it but pp looked slow and disorganised. Plenty of time for Panthers to set up their pk and a few eventual shots were never going to challenge Kowalski. What has happened to last year's crisp, sharp, fast and organised pp - Devils ALWAYS looked dangerous then.

2. 3 or 4 players worked fantastic coast-to-coast moves to carry puck to Panthers goal area........only for it to be turned over or blocked at the last minute. Passing to another player might have set up another scoring chance?

3. Luke and Adam raring to go from the bench but not played? Other players working themselves into the ground. :?

4. Mystified why time-out was called with 43 secs left. Surely not enough time to change the game at a stage when the Devils were 2 goals down and on their knees. Suprised a time-out was not called straight after Panthers' 2nd goal.

In the last 4 games, Devils have lost 3 in the final minutes of each game. :evil:
Braehead also short benched but won 6/8 points in last 4 games. Battle for 5th/6th place has started.

TheStub

Re: Re: Devils v Panthers - 08/01 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/U

ASHIPP said:
3. Luke and Adam raring to go from the bench but not played? Other players working themselves into the ground. :?
I thought that. IMHO we should be aiming to have all the slots filled every home game.

A "grinder" line would have helped last night. The ability to give the top lines extra shifts off may have extended the third.

I'm guessing us chasing the game limited the ice time we gave the lower lines.

If we'd been able to take a lead I'm guessing protecting a lead would have helped us.

voth26

my thoughts about burrows/luke and adam didnt play more, for me G has to put his trust in these guys and play them more in a game not just when things are okish,

Thought the first Period i thought we did well even though 1-0 down, more the game on the worst devils got, 2 great opportunities missed because sticks where not kept on the ice, with the puck just going under the stick....

Thought Hill had a great game, good effort and sticking in some hits.

Nottingham just seemed to play the whole game at a slow pace through out the match which seemed to be the right idea after a double header. Nothing special, just kept it solid and picked up on Devils mistakes.

Do Devils have the worst PP in hockey history?

Our pp is poor, but we scored on it three times over the weekend! I would imagine there have been worse in history...

Skippy

bluedevil said:
Our pp is poor, but we scored on it three times over the weekend! I would imagine there have been worse in history...
Our Powerplay season before last springs to mind for worse :D

ASHIPP

The Cage is reporting that a radio interview from Panthers this week has stated that Sean McAslan will be returning to North America for a while before re-joining the Panthers later this season. Is he being employed just for the Cup and Playoff tournaments?

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
The Cage is reporting that a radio interview from Panthers this week has stated that Sean McAslan will be returning to North America for a while before re-joining the Panthers later this season. Is he being employed just for the Cup and Playoff tournaments?
I get the feeling the macaslan signing is something more too it!

Maybe a coaching role next season.

Skippy

According to the this is Nottingham its only a few days he's going back for

"McAslan – who has to return to Canada shortly for a few days for personal reasons – says he has been impressed with what he has seen of Panthers' new-look squad, which only includes six players from his last time in Nottingham."

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/story ... story.html