Devils v Panthers - 10/12 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Tad-cu

What a disaster!
Tonight cost me a small fortune, a new jersey, nine tickets and a puck sponsor for my granddaughter's birthday.
Every ticket holder from tonight should be given a free ticket for the Dundee cup tie. We cannot demand a win every game, but we do deserve a performance.
Napoleon said that you see the qualities of a good general, not when things are going well, but in times of adversity.
Well, tomorrow will tell us what we need to know.

Slartibartfast

Panthers have always had great defence and this year have a great Goalie also. But their weakness particularly this year is a lack of offence. So how the hell did they score 8 goals against us.
Despite being top of the table Devils have shown a number of weaknesses this season and they were all exploited tonight by a Panthers team that to be fair was on fire.
  1. Our forwards struggle against good defensive teams so our D men push up leaving big gaps at the back.
  2. Our first periods are lack lustre. You cannot chase a game against a team that has the D and Netminding ability of the Panthers
  3. I know criticising Bowns is forbidden. He is a great goalie who plays some blinders but he has been less consistent this year than last year.
  4. The defense are not picking up Bownsys' rebounds and are not physical enough in front of net.
  5. Hotham is hugely skilled but gets over confident and gives way to many turnovers trying to be too clever
  6. Another untouchable is Bordeleau but I am really disappointed in his skill set and his effort. So why is he here? If ever a fight was needed it was tonight

All that being said the spirit and talent in this team is second to none. They just need to focus on these weaknesses and stop making the same mistakes. This team can win the league but it is going to be very very hard and require near perfect performances every game. Tonight was far from perfect

kingmo19.1

The Panthers were at the IAW at 10am this morning unloading their gear! ... They looked up for it then and I had a funny feeling today wouldn't go well !

Ocko

That old cliché of never get too high with the highs and too low with the lows couldn't be more appropriate.

Just one of those nights, we could've played for another week and not scored.

It's just two points, we're still a good team and still top of the league. We're lucky to have a game at home tomorrow night, hopefully there will be some honest words spoken. We've played such a rigid gameplan and handcuffed our tough guys this year that when we need to go to war it's not in our nature and hard to change. Back to basics and get our aggression back, we need to be angry and allow the players to play with a bit more physical freedom.

We'll be back.

Kipper

We will have a good ref tonight but it may depend on whether Wiikman is fit he usually plays well against us.They still have a lot of talent if they stick to playing hockey.
We have Hicks against the Steelers i wonder if any of Thommos's abuse has had any effect on him and he favours them.Cheating has never bothered the Steelers as long as the win.
No amount of abuse has any effect on Hicksy

Samael

Something that concerns me is that if we sneak a win tomorrow all will be forgiven and we'll go back to playing half arsed spineless crap again in a few weeks...

voth26

We all knew that these two weekends would be real real rough but this is an actual DISGRACE. No one is skating with any purpose, it feels like no one is actually TRYING to win or even TRYING to play the fucking game!!!! Bordeleau is a waste of space... Since we've got him, I've seen nothing to him, He's a slow skater, he makes, maybe 2 hits every game and he can't shoot for shit. We need a kick up the ass before tomorrow because we are better than this, we're top of the league for a reason. No matter what, we've always come back, no matter how tough it got, how rough it got, how bad it looked, we pulled strength from somewhere and stuck it to whoever we were playing.

I will never stop loving the Devils because I've stuck with them through thick and thin but, COME ON BOYS, YOU'RE LETTING US ALL DOWN, YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS!
I respect your opinion but with respect your talking out of your area if YOU and every other Devils fan have laid this defeat at Bordys door, please tell me why this is Bordys fault and his fault alone. There are 20+plus players in this squad and not one of them came anywhere near an acceptable standard tonight. Also for me Todd although he is the Gm he needs to stop Interferering in team matters and let Lord do his job including dishing out bollockings to the team

If ever there was a night to return to old time hockey tonight was it. After going 3 or 4 nil down we should have been hitting everything that moved and been dropping the gloves left right and centre. The message should have been sent. Fighting doesn't win leagues but it can win games.
The Panthers arrived at 10am this morning. We should have made them sit outside for 5 hours rather than welcoming them and letting them in. After their results last weekend I had a bad feeling about tonight.
As they responded so should the Devils tomorrow night - then I'm sure we will have a different thread to read

Rob Batch

I can't imagine how the team talk goes tonight, I would like to think that a sense of pride is re-installed in everyones mind. Our team need to understand and deal with the demons of tonights game, start afresh tomorrow and kick some 'Sheffield' arse !!

On tonight's performance I think the Panther's fans were correct in one of their chants:

"Top of the league - you're having a laugh"

Rob Batch

This mid-season loss is not a disaster, the collective attitude is disconcertive ! If I was playing 'scrabble' I'd have earnt a few points for those long words, surely......don't call me Shirly It's getting late Goodnight !!

I'm purely re-iterating what you already know.

Don't get too high on the highs, don't get too low on the lows.

The CD are a pro outfit. Whatever we say here is already being said in the locker room, snd worse!

We have a huge game tomoz.

#LetsGoDevils

Ulmer has been a big!! dissapoinment for me I would like to see a change and bordeleau needs a rocket put up him! 2-0 down in the first 2 minutes he needs to step up but he does nothing whatsoever Bring back old time hockey Lordo! SLASH,SPRAY do something please

Rich Best

Hey folks Sheffield lost as well - it's not all doom and gloom.

I wasn't there - at a xmas party - must have been a very strange performance. I really don't know how anyone can say they saw it coming?! We have been so consistently good!

I seem to remember Sheffield losImg 8-0 or 8-1 at home against Nottingham in the challenge cup last year - but pulling themselves together and winning the league.

Tomorrow is a big game but I have faith in this team and in lordo to bring what is needed tomorrow and put it all right! And I think this game against panthers could be a huge positive in the long run - because it MAKES us realise we have to bring our total intensity every single night to win the league!

Tomorrow we need to play the game like it is a cup final. We have 6 days until our next game. Blood and sweat from every guy. And we need to have a plan a, b and c - because Sheffield will come out of the blocks trying to get an early lead. Bownsy needs to put in a serious shift tomorrow - we need a MoM performance from him.

Let's go Devils!!

DevilDom

Bad day at the office, with a combination of Devils being very poor and Panthers being very good.

I can take losing when it's not your night but where was the fight and passion? That was the mot worrying thing for me. There was no reaction at all from the players when it was needed, especially from our apparently tough guys. Hugely disappointing.

BostonBart22

what baffled me was after panthers go 3 up and that was time for a time out, what does that other coach do stood on the bench , nowt, ive seen him in other games , you may as well give him an armchair and slippers he looks so comfy stood on the bench doing sweet f.a. so its just not the players that need a roasting .

jimmy snels

Piggott has more heart than them all. 1st period comes out, makes a huge hit, then another smaller one, we then dont see him again until the 2nd?! FFS lordo. He should have been on the top line with myres and haddad tonight as they were the only ones who imo gave 100%.

What an awful game to watch. Luckily for us, Sheffield lost aswell but definitely not in the way we did. I have to say, what little icetime Piggott got, he really showed our top paid players up. Why Lord doesn't ice him more is beyond me! All that counts now is how each and every player respond to last nights disaster of a game. Let's be optimistic and hope there is a massive turn around tonight. We haven't done bad against Sheffield this year . This is our chance to put things right .

Electro

Didn't watch the game, surprised by the score, not the performance. Sheffield losing only helps the points, there not going to be a push over tomorrow, in fact, l hope a medical team is in the IAW tomorrow if we manage a win Thommo is likely to quite literally explode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk