Devils v Stars - 05/12 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting again and can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Assuming we didn't pick up any knocks in Braehead, i'm assuming that we'll only be missing Symonds again...

I'm not sure if Dundee have any injuries, but this will be the first Dundee game to feature Latulippe, hoping we'll know what to do to stop him scoring or winding us up :)

Previous results between the teams have seen the Devils win 5-2 at home and lose 7-3 in Dundee, but with the way each team is playing, we really should be looking at a victory...

Match preview can be found on the website, or by clicking here - http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/devils-vs-stars-5th-december/

And incase you've not seen it already, make sure you check out our Christmas auction - http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/inferno-christmas-auction/, and to answer the question, yes the warmup shirt does feature Wellers signature :D

Chris.

Vipers have made it to Dundee along with 13 fans who was braved the snow & ice

*Edit* If Vipers can make the journey up, Stars should be able to make the journey down to us...*edit*

Well done Devils! Lets get them Steelers next week and keep the winning streak going! I believe we're only a couple off beating our Elite league record for wins in a row?

Gaz G

Tough game and we didn't play particularly well, but we still got the result after only really showing up for 5 minutes. Suits me down to the ground. When was the last time we lost?????????

Gaz G said:
Tough game and we didn't play particularly well, but we still got the result after only really showing up for 5 minutes. Suits me down to the ground. When was the last time we lost?????????
We lost 7-3 up in Dundee on 28th Oct - it was our 4th game in 6 nights though and we'd played the night before. I believe it's 11 wins in a row now and 15 out of the last 16.

Gaz G

ledgend777 said:
Gaz G said:
We lost 7-3 up in Dundee on 28th Oct - it was our 4th game in 6 nights though and we'd played the night before. I believe it's 11 wins in a row now and 15 out of the last 16.
My comment was a little tongue in cheek in regards to the rest of the league and the so called "big teams".

We are on fire and finding ways to win even when we don't play particularly well.

Ger-Devils

Tonight we seen another huge team effort- we didn't get frustrated like we would last season ala Caps 1-0 loss @ home. Kurda had a great game once again and he kept the Stars in the game throughout!

Not the best game to watch but seriously, we have a team who will work for one another, we have a team who will step up when needed and we have a number of players who are scoring and this is the difference with last few years. We used to rely hugely on say Maxi, Smith to get goals but now we don't need it as the stats show - 8 in the top 40 points scorers in the team!

Happy hockey days indeed!

DevilDom

Ger-Devils said:
Tonight we seen another huge team effort- we didn't get frustrated like we would last season ala Caps 1-0 loss @ home. Kurda had a great game once again and he kept the Stars in the game throughout!

Not the best game to watch but seriously, we have a team who will work for one another, we have a team who will step up when needed and we have a number of players who are scoring and this is the difference with last few years. We used to rely hugely on say Maxi, Smith to get goals but now we don't need it as the stats show - 8 in the top 40 points scorers in the team!

Happy hockey days indeed!
Very well said - I couldn't agree more.

A poor performance compared to recent home games, but a win is a win and perhaps that is the sign of a very good side with a never say die attitude.
Fair play to Dundee who I thought played their hearts out tonight, defensively they were strong with very good goaltending.

phil PLT said:
A poor performance compared to recent home games, but a win is a win and perhaps that is the sign of a very good side with a never say die attitude.
Fair play to Dundee who I thought played their hearts out tonight, defensively they were strong with very good goaltending.
You must have read my mind. ;)

brought 2 new guys up with me tonight, and they enjoyed the experience. Just gotta add mind, the 3rd goal scored by Scotty was a goal of beauty, top notch attacking play from our no1 line.

E.D.S.

Gazza272 said:
The Devils win last night is currently a feature story on the front page of the Sky Sports website :D
Just in case Koop or Finny don't provide their usual comprehensive match report, could some one give me some info on how Jay played? I understand, and this is purely taken from MNL, that Jay got a good reception, then went on to be booed, had a few words with Adams and Hill and also scored - where did the booing come from or was it Jay just playing his usual wind-up/in your face style of game?
Thanks in advance

Being his usual annoying self. In the middle of everything pushing and mouthing off.

He hit the pipes and scored in the first. Was booed as he was starting with Gerad, but seemed to hug/chat with a lot of the players from last season including G.

James

Administrator
He was always going to have a good game against us first time out. I'd imagine Prpich will be pretty unplayable too when he visits. Good to see them both back in the league.

ASHIPP

Did anyone else think he got a warm welcome? :? Interesting Latulippe was sent instead of Brent Hughes (Captain) to pose with Finner for the ceremonial face-off. Bit of pyschology?
Sweet revenge for him scoring against the Devils after not being offered a contract this season.
I might have got it all wrong, but I felt a tiny part of that bitterness spilt over in the 'verbals and handbags' with the Devils' players during the match. Granted it's part of his style to get under opposition skin but was in danger of being penalised....something he did far too often at the wrong times in the last 2 seasons, I recall.