Devils v Stars - 10/12 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Ger-Devils

Not the best crowd at all.

Game wasn't too bad in parts but with 3 imports down and a netminder in form, it was always going to be a tough game despite being at home. It was great to see six Brits on the ice at one time tonight. Onwards and upwards. 2 points which the players needed to get the confidence back.

Isn't block 2 supposed to be the best? Why are they, and others staying away? The club needs its fans more than ever and they stay away.
it really isnt to do with playing on a saturday or cos its christmas either, is it ? :roll:

With it being close to Christmas I can imagine there were a few Christmas work parties out tonight. Also next week is the [I'm guessing groupon] discounted ticket prices so people are probably saving their money for then? One of the guys at the block 2 suggested that and I can see where he's coming from. Plus I think it's sometimes to do with the team Devils are playing which is a bad way at looking at it I know, game against the top 3 teams will pull in a bigger crowd.

It was a good game tonight, good amount of teddys thrown for the first goal. Shame people missed out on it.

BeatBox said:
Isn't block 2 supposed to be the best? Why are they, and others staying away? The club needs its fans more than ever and they stay away.
it really isnt to do with playing on a saturday or cos its christmas either, is it ? :roll:
What's block 2 got to do with anything? And yes it is the best block!!!
Games of late haven't been the best in results or entertainment also Christmas will play a big part in people staying away. Im lucky enough to own a season ticket and I find it hard to get motivated some hockey nights and the thought of paying a walk up of £16.50 would certainly keep me away.
A few quick points why I think crowds are falling:
On ice product not as good as it could be
The rink it's self Is horrendous
£16.50 per adult (walk up price)
Snack/beverage prices
Christmas less than a month away
I'd love to see a packed out rink day in day out but that's not going to happen unless planet slush and Cardiff devils can come up with some new radical ideas ASAP and I sure hope they do.

skippy said summat bout block 2 being empty, thats what its got to do with it :?

The rink it's self Is horrendous
£16.50 per adult (walk up price)
Snack/beverage prices
Christmas less than a month away
same as last season pretty much.

Plus I think it's sometimes to do with the team Devils are playing
true but last week Vs belfast, 1199 :shock:

Paul Sullivan

KEVIN said:
Games of late haven't been the best in results or entertainment
I will give you that results have not gone our way, however the last few home games, in terms of entertainment, have been the best of the season imo.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #29
3 days after a game against the Panthers 1,500 plus?
Wasn't the Panthers game part of another ticket deal? Not Groupon but maybe something else? It may not have been as popular as the Groupon one, but i'm fairly certain it will have had a small effect.

I've seen more and more posts on facebook from season ticket holders wondering whether they should bother next season with all the ticket deals, but the club seems to be stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

They offer the ticket deals to try and get new faces in, but I wonder what the actual percentage of new faces are? We need more fans, doing the ticket deals seems a good way to try and entice them to the rink,but it's annoying season ticket holders who appear to be getting less and less benefit.

Without suddenly magicking up the money for publicity campaigns I don't know what else they can try?

Chris.

Paul Sullivan

For the first time in the last 3.5 seasons, the last few games have seen the shoutouts I get given for 'First-timers' exceed that of birthdays, tonight especially.

Something is working in getting newbies in, however I think it's the long-term / veteran fans that are perhaps being choosy in terms of attendance.

It is a real catch 22 in terms of STH / Promo deals. No easy answer here, which is why I can understand the commitment to the buddy scheme.

Kipper

I think the key issue is the pricing strategy.It is obvious with the groupon deals that the market is there at a price people are prepared to pay as attendances at those games have shown.The difficulty for the number crunchers at the club is deciding at what price can we attract consistently bigger crowds,that is not going to cost revenue by a reduction in the walk up price.

During the season of course this is even more problematical as the season ticket holders have already made their commitment at full price. Logically no deal should leave a season ticket holder worse off than if they were to pay walk up prices combined with any special deals during a season. A very difficult equation to solve.

TheStub

It is a very difficult issue to work through. My gut feeling is the ticket prices should be dropped to at least last years level.

The £17 price point is problematic for us as, although it is only ever going to be paid by a small percentage of fans it is the headline figure we quote everything else against.

The Bring a Buddy scheme was a good idea, but we've lost focus and control I feel. Its become a defacto £10 ticket, as long as you get a ST holder to book it. But there is no information available about the rules readily available, and I seriously doubt Planet Ice have clear rules for their staff to follow.

Groupon has a big effect as it reaches a lot of people. That's fabado - but we need to be getting them back in. We should be offering them another discount straight away - flyers into their hands as they walk into the rink with a good offer on it. Regular announcements that tickets are on sale all evening.

We need to turn next Saturday into a returning crowd.

mazza03

Being a season ticket holder I would not object to the walk up price being lowered if it meant bigger crowds, and I think most of us feel the same. I.m sure something could be worked out.

When there are so few people is gets blooming cold and the 50/50 winnings are down.

Re block 2 - even with 'good' crowds, block 2 is often empty on almost every row apart from the front two and back one from around seats 12 to 22.

After the thread the other week about block 2 being so good, I am often surprised at how few people are actually sitting there. Everyone needs to come and join the dark side!

I wasn't there last night as I help out every year with a charity evening in December, there was also a christmas do in work which I would have gone to if I hadn't been there.

I think a lot of people have other commitments right now, plus things are tight and Christmas is coming.

Let's hope we can get a good crowd for the Sheffield game, should be a cracker.

Clare said:
Re block 2 - even with 'good' crowds, block 2 is often empty on almost every row apart from the front two and back one from around seats 12 to 22.

After the thread the other week about block 2 being so good, I am often surprised at how few people are actually sitting there. Everyone needs to come and join the dark side!
I suspect part of the problem with attracting more to block 2 is aside from the rows you've mentioned the sight lines are crap....although that could apply to the whole rink I suppose :lol:

DevilDom

mazza03 said:
Being a season ticket holder I would not object to the walk up price being lowered if it meant bigger crowds, and I think most of us feel the same. I.m sure something could be worked out.
I agree. If it helps the club for this season I would not complain at ticket prices being dropped. The Groupon deals are obviously great to get people through the door but the club only gets half the selling price i.e. £4. Sell the tickets lower or offer a return deal on the Groupon tickets and get more money into the club.

If some season ticket holders are unhappy offer some sort of compensation that doesn't cost the club anything or very little such as a signed player photo or picture on the ice.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #39
Highlights are online now guys:

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/stars ... ts-online/

There's audio from the game on the main Cam highlights now, it's just the multi-angles that are audio free. Much more betterer :D
Wahay, it almost makes staying in Mogadishuham for another week not seem all that terrible...

Possibily already thought of, or not possible, but could the audio from the main camera be used over the video from the multi-angle ones? Basically I just want to hear cheering when we score :E

TheStub

Re: Re: Devils v Stars - 10/12 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Upda

Chris said:
Highlights are online now guys:

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/stars ... ts-online/

There's audio from the game on the main Cam highlights now, it's just the multi-angles that are audio free. Much more betterer :D
Wahay, it almost makes staying in Mogadishuham for another week not seem all that terrible...

Possibily already thought of, or not possible, but could the audio from the main camera be used over the video from the multi-angle ones? Basically I just want to hear cheering when we score :E
Get Brent, Sullivan or an articulate fan to voice it. The lack of crowd noise wouldn't be as noticeable then. Or, could we split the audio feed into all the camera recordings?